Another new one for you all. As I mentioned in the last thread (Hellwish), my writing style is taking on another change. So have a listen and let me know what you think

Epitome of Destruction
www.myspace.com/juzcook

I should also mention that I'm looking into buying some better drumkit software, and as soon as I polish everything up, as well as sort out the drum tracks, I'll be uploading my songs to iTunes to sell my solo EP, "Extinction".

Anyway, enjoy!
Juz
Wow, that was really good! You've got something there. Something that raised my eyebrows were the drums. If you could, please respond to this either in this thread or PM, it would be greatly appreciated. What do you use for your drums? and where can i get it? and is it free or what? As many details as possible is sweet because my music sounds a little like yours just a little less heavy but i thought your drums sounded very good!
Really good song love it

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
thanks everyone, even though they arent terribly detailed :P

Quote by itstimetoparty
Wow, that was really good! You've got something there. Something that raised my eyebrows were the drums. If you could, please respond to this either in this thread or PM, it would be greatly appreciated. What do you use for your drums? and where can i get it? and is it free or what? As many details as possible is sweet because my music sounds a little like yours just a little less heavy but i thought your drums sounded very good!

drum-wise, i write everything in midi in a program called Easy Beat, then load it into Apple's Garageband with an expansion pack (i forget the name, but it has better drum sounds). then i basically just play around with the EQ settings to get the drums sounding nicer. ive just bought drumkit from hell 2 on ebay, waiting for that to arrive, and if i find that program easy to use, ill get the superior version check out drumkit from hell if you havent already, they give samples on their site, absolutely amazing program

keep the comments coming, let me know what stands out to your ears
dude i thought that was awsome. 20x better then anything i could write.
i loved your tone dude. absolutlely love the riff that starts at 0:31 and the one at 1:08 is awsome, again its all about your wicked tone man, makes the riffs sound sickkk. love it dude.
Sick intro dude. The riff after that is awesome too. I was headbanging the whole way through. You seem to be improving in your writing as well The change in style is a good thing, I love it. It sounds a lot like killswitch engage, but you added your own flare to it. The solo was sick as well, I see those are improving. ****, i love that last pinch! Honestly, nothing bad to say about it man, I love it the whole way through! Awesome job!

Check out my new one?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=629704
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Quote by NovemberRain273
The solo was sick as well, I see those are improving. ****, i love that last pinch!

thanks man! that last note is actually a squeel, well i call em dime squeels, cos i learnt them from a video on youtube from him :P

Quote by PhoenixFoley
You really should get a band together

cheers man, the last band i had going was too focused on doing covers, and when i put my songs forward to them, nothing ever progressed frmo them, except the drummer would usually do some work and learn the drums, so i got an offer from a local rock band who were doing exceptionally well for themselves, and joined them. but one day, this stuff will all be a part of a metal band! one day...
I still think you are writing the wrong kind of metal dude. It sounds good don't get me wrong, but I think you would write some good death or even black metal if you tried. To me this just sounds like every other mainstream metal band you hear on TV or the radio.

Aside from the style of music, its very good production wise. I noticed slight timing errors every once in a while but its nothing major seeing as no one else noticed them lol . Drums were decent, nothing technical, but a solid foundation.
Last edited by architekt at Jul 18, 2007,
Listening now.

Good intro, definitely very impressive. Good transfers, which is what i find most songs (mine included) lack. Like the main riffs, and the lead over them. The Riff at 1:10-ish is definitely one of the best metal riffs I've heard in a long time. And I really like how you change pace back adn forth... really fast with teh muted strokes adn then it highlights the slower stuff (I'm assuming chorus type thing). The lead at 2:10 is awesome. As is the solo at 2:30... I wish the solo would have run a little longer and not been so thrashy though... it started out really strong, adn then became kind of a generic metal solo, which isn't always bad, I just felt a lot of potential in it and then it just dropped into a speed solo. The ending is good... I like how it just kind of fades out at the end.

Overall VERY good song. It needs some one growling over it though... I think it would sound great with a lamb of God Style vocal over it... just growling and screaming.

very impressive sir.

c4c ("Enter the Cave", and just PM me with it... link is in Sig)
Sounds pretty amazing, dude. Solo was nice, i just think it kinda ends wierd. Like, you just kinda stop and fade. MAybe extend that, add a little more drums, and hold that note out longer, ya know?

Unrelated, how'd you get 5 songs for your myspace? I thought oyu can only have 4...

-Nate
First of all, I am amazed by the recording quality. Second of all, tightness all the way! It's hard to stand out these days. Your tone is very generic, but your riffing is more melodic and technical than most popular bands out there.

Crit mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632141
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by chrisatgrace
i could slaughter an entire spartan army to this music.

i loved that hahaha!

Quote by Nate1976
Sounds pretty amazing, dude. Solo was nice, i just think it kinda ends wierd. Like, you just kinda stop and fade. MAybe extend that, add a little more drums, and hold that note out longer, ya know?

Unrelated, how'd you get 5 songs for your myspace? I thought oyu can only have 4...

-Nate

i thought about ending that solo the way you described, but it ends up sounding a bit too busy. as for the 5 song question, a while ago tom posted one of his maintenance messages explaining about a new sponsor (or something like that) who are working with myspace, and if you add them to your friends, youll get a 5th song, maybe do a google search, i cant remember the name of the company to add

thanks guys, keep em coming!
Quote by juzcook
i loved that hahaha!

i thought about ending that solo the way you described, but it ends up sounding a bit too busy. as for the 5 song question, a while ago tom posted one of his maintenance messages explaining about a new sponsor (or something like that) who are working with myspace, and if you add them to your friends, youll get a 5th song, maybe do a google search, i cant remember the name of the company to add

thanks guys, keep em coming!

Dude your a really good guitarist.

What you using to record by the way?

EDIT: when you sell your cd type thing PM me I definetly wanna own it
My Gear
Ltd Alexi-600 with a Seymour Duncan Blackout!
Jackson Dinky
Dean DBDT ML
Epiphone Sg
Crate 15 Watt amp

X-Brawn of the Mighty Autobots PM Kankuro to Join