Hi, this may sound like a noob question but what is the difference between the les pauls? What makes a Les paul standard different from a les paul custom.

Thanks
The customs are the high end of Epi's line, so pretty much everything will be of a better quality than the Standard - the pickups, wiring, finish - Basically everything. Don't get me wrong, the standards are still Damn good for the money - it's just the Customs are that bit better again. Plus, they are Damned gorgeous as well
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Thanks for the fast reply i was looking at the LP100, would it be the same as the standard but made with less quality parts? like wood and stuff?

Thanks
There's a few differences - Like the neck's bolted on rather than set, which gives a difference in terms of tone - No idea why, but there is a difference. There's a few aesthetic(looks) differences - the boring dot inlays compared to the trapezoids on the Standard, and also the 100 doesn't have the body & neck binding (which actually I prefer). Also, the 100 seems like a step-up from the Specials (the body's a lot thinner than the studios & up) as opposed to the standard which is a bit more like a true Les Paul. Also, I think the standards use a better quality pickups than the 100s as well - I think they use Alcino magnets for a better sound (I've no idea on what precisely it does, I just figure it's better for it than copper or whatever they use in the really cheap guitars) The woods are generally the same - Check out a few online stores & measure the specs up for yourself, because it's a bity of a bugger reading them off Epi's own website
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United