I don't need anyone telling me not to do it because it's stupid or anything, which I'm sure I'll get quite a bit of this being The Pit and all.

I'm going to dye my hair (light) purple over the holidays but I'm having a bit of trouble finding some nice dye. My hair is, at the moment, a kind of dark blonde colour which I'm getting sick of.

Anyone know any shops in the UK that I can get some nice semi-permanent (quasi) purple hair dye? Or any sites that can send it within 4 days (might be cutting this a bit short)... or that will ship to France?
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by blynd_snyper
I'm sure he will change his mind because a guy on the internet says it will make him look homosexual.

She is indeed extremely scared of looking like a gay man .
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I've just ordered some stuff off t'internet which I hope will be okay, if not I'll get something in France.

And it says I'm a girl in my title!
Ask x/taluha, she has superhuman knowledge when it comes to hair problems and questions.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by blynd_snyper
Which is why i feel like a 'tard.

Haha, okay. No one on here seems to notice that anyway.
You could try Superdrug or Boots.

Actually I was looking for semi permenant dye the other day and couldn't find any. I got the spray on ones instead and they wash out easily and won't damage your hair. They don't look too bad either.

picture

EDIT: just remembered cyberdog has hair stuff but I don't know if they're semi-permenant.
Last edited by Rhitard at Jul 15, 2007,
I got Stargazer's blue and purple (though I'm starting to think I might have got the baby pink by accident... oops) which may well have been a bad choice but ah well, I'll see when I get it.
Quote by Rhitard
You could try Superdrug or Boots.

Actually I was looking for semi permenant dye the other day and couldn't find any. I got the spray on ones instead and they wash out easily and won't damage your hair. They don't look too bad either.

picture

EDIT: just remembered cyberdog has hair stuff but I don't know if they're semi-permenant.

Cyberdog ftw. Best shop in Camden by far, if only for the crazy tehcno they pump out at a billion decibels 24/7.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
I use stargazer, the purple is very vibrant, they all are, and they last for about 2 weeks, depending how much you're doing though you can probably get more than one dying out of a bottle (if you've got long hair and doing the lot though, no chance).
Quote by -February-Star-
Cyberdog ftw. Best shop in Camden by far, if only for the crazy tehcno they pump out at a billion decibels 24/7.

I got a load of their merch. for christmas off an uncle of mine and had not a clue what it was. You've made me go on their website now! Cheers.
Haha, their t-shirts are too small for me, I wanted to buy like £100 worth as well lmao!

You gotta bleach your hair good an' proper first, your colour is a little too dark to get results that won't be a bit 'muddy'
Quote by Alix_D
I use stargazer, the purple is very vibrant, they all are, and they last for about 2 weeks, depending how much you're doing though you can probably get more than one dying out of a bottle (if you've got long hair and doing the lot though, no chance).

My hair length (on the left). God. The normalist picture of me I have.
Quote by Alix_D
Haha, their t-shirts are too small for me, I wanted to buy like £100 worth as well lmao!

You gotta bleach your hair good an' proper first, you know that right?

I know that aye, but I can't. So I guess I'll just have to put up with extremely crappy colour.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
I know that aye, but I can't. So I guess I'll just have to put up with extremely crappy colour.

How come you can't? You're dying it purple, why not go the whole hog?
Quote by -February-Star-

Fuck yeshh!

I always wear white when I go there. Then I run through the UV lights like "LOOK AT ME! I GLOW I GLOW!!"
Quote by Alix_D
How come you can't? You're dying it purple, why not go the whole hog?

Because I have parents that I have to live with for the next 4 years in order to get a free flat.

God that sounds like a daytime TV competition.
Quote by Alix_D
But you're dying it purple anyway!

Why not have a decent colour of purple instead of muddy purple?!

They don't mind as long as it's semi-permanent because of school (although from experience I know my school doesn't give a **** what you look like as long as you turn up every so often).
Quote by Alix_D
It's still semi-permentant, but it just washes out to blonde, which is cool too

What about a lightener, without bleach?

I could probably get one, if you can name something good. I have not a clue about hair.
I've never used one because i've only ever bleached my hair and dyed it, when I was in school I used to bleach to blonde > dye red/blue/pink/purple ect > Back to school > dye hair brown from washed out blonde.

Probably hasn't done my hair any favours but it looked gawjess!

So sorry, I can't recommend a lightener
Quote by Alix_D
I've never used one because i've only ever bleached my hair and dyed it, when I was in school I used to bleach to blonde > dye red/blue/pink/purple ect > Back to school > dye hair brown from washed out blonde.

Probably hasn't done my hair any favours but it looked gawjess!

So sorry, I can't recommend a lightener

Okay, might have to find x/tallulah on here later then.

Have a feeling I've gone and bought the baby pink instead of the purple though. Got some nice blue though.
Pink isn't too bad, I end up with pink when I don't re-do my red in time it's pretty sweet, means I can use even less dye

hehe yeah find her, but she's canadian I think, so might not be able to help you with that, my method might be worth doing though if you've nothing else.

It might not come out THAT bad if you put it straight on, it'd be worth testing a patch of (root to tip) to see what it comes out like.
Quote by Alix_D
Pink isn't too bad, I end up with pink when I don't re-do my red in time it's pretty sweet, means I can use even less dye

hehe yeah find her, but she's canadian I think, so might not be able to help you with that, my method might be worth doing though if you've nothing else.

It might not come out THAT bad if you put it straight on, it'd be worth testing a patch of (root to tip) to see what it comes out like.

I think what I got is actually Magenta/Bright Pink so it shouldn't be that bad.

Them two, supposedly.

I'll go looking for some lighteners. Only have 4 days until I'm off to France though.