I ripped my dvd (shaun of the dead) to my pc using dvd decrypter. I opened up my creative zen vision m media explorer, went through the conversion options and started it. It started out at 55% and then stopped at 61%. how can i fix this or does anyone know of a converter that can convert to the vision m's format.
Listen to CKY.
What format did you rip to? When I convert videos it usually works fine, maybe it's a problem with the video rather than the converter...
Does anyone know how to actually get the album art to appear on the Zen Vision? It's never worked for me. I use Windows Media Player 11 by the way.
The original format is that .VOB **** or whatever. MadClowDisease, just google it, it should be like the first link or something. Lateralus17, Does the album art show on windows media player? if it doesn't, make sure your connected to the internet, right click on the album, and select find album info.
Listen to CKY.
Quote by Lateralus17
Does anyone know how to actually get the album art to appear on the Zen Vision? It's never worked for me. I use Windows Media Player 11 by the way.

If I apply the album art (with iTunes) then copy the files over it seems to work for me.

Back on topic, try this tutorial to ripping DVDs, it should work

http://rapidshare.com/files/43074390/How_To_Rip_a_DVD.pdf
Quote by cky_rocks
The original format is that .VOB **** or whatever. MadClowDisease, just google it, it should be like the first link or something. Lateralus17, Does the album art show on windows media player? if it doesn't, make sure your connected to the internet, right click on the album, and select find album info.

Yeah, I've got the album art on Media Player.

Apparently it's meant to copy automatically when you transfer the music but was never the case with mine.

I tried the instructions on the site a while ago but it didn't work, I can't remeber what they were now so I may try again.
i can't download that tutorial. Its probably because i'm using aol.
Listen to CKY.
thanks. while i'm downloading that i'll ask another question. So far, i only have 172 songs on my zen and they take up 604 MBs of space! is that normal? I have them in wma format at 128kbps.
Listen to CKY.
Quote by Lateralus17
Yeah, I've got the album art on Media Player.

Apparently it's meant to copy automatically when you transfer the music but was never the case with mine.

I tried the instructions on the site a while ago but it didn't work, I can't remeber what they were now so I may try again.

Mine's always just done it automatically. About the movie... I can't help, sorry, since I've never really tried with anything over 20 minuites long. On another note, my 30GB is getting filled up REALLY quickly . A few more months I'm going to need to spend a load of money on another!
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by cky_rocks
how many songs do you have on it?

4000-5000 ish I think.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by cky_rocks
holy ****. thats alot of cds.

Eh, not really. I've only had it since Christmas too. And I've only been buying CD's for the past 3-4 years.
I have approximately 5600 songs, about 21 gb, they are mostly in mp3 format.

If your songs were as mp3 they'd probably take up less space.
Quote by filthandfury
I have approximately 5600 songs, about 21 gb, they are mostly in mp3 format.

If your songs were as mp3 they'd probably take up less space.

Yeah, I'll probably have to go through an age of converting them all soon.
I've filled about 10gb so far. Only about 700 songs atm but then I've two movies on it and 2/3 of scrubs season 1 atm.

I'll just take off the scrubs and films when I get filled up, cause I've only got 30gb of space on computer anyway.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Yeah, I'll probably have to go through an age of converting them all soon.

Maybe, but I can't think of the best way to do it.

If you own the CD, you can just rip it as another format, but if you don't have the CD, then I guess you'd need an audio converter.
Quote by filthandfury
Maybe, but I can't think of the best way to do it.

If you own the CD, you can just rip it as another format, but if you don't have the CD, then I guess you'd need an audio converter.

Yeah I have 99% of everything on CD still, never liked downloading things.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Yeah I have 99% of everything on CD still, never liked downloading things.

Then it shouldn't be too hard, change the settings on your media player and rip the CDs to another location, when they are all done delete the WMA files and move your lovely new mp3 files into your music directory
so mp3 files are smaller than wma files? I thought it was the other way around? Anyway, for the fairuse program, what resolution should i set it to?
Listen to CKY.
Quote by cky_rocks
so mp3 files are smaller than wma files? I thought it was the other way around? Anyway, for the fairuse program, what resolution should i set it to?

It might be, I'm not sure I forget.

As for the program, if it doesn't say in the tutorial, just leave it as default, it doesn't need to be too high a resolution because it will be on a small screen.
actually, i just converted a cd to mp3 format and the songs are slightly smaller than wma. but the difference is really small. on the creative website, it says that you can get 15000 songs on it in wma format and 7500 in mp3 format. I'm just gonna stick with wma because i can't tell the difference in sound quality.
Listen to CKY.
Use AutoGK to convert the file (that you got from dvd decrypter) into .avi, then put the .avi into your zen