I have an old 80's ROLAND DAC-50XD SS amp that is amazing and works beautifully with my ME Zoom G2 pedal. It doesn't have an effects loop but running it in the front door works GREAT! It has amazing "cleans" - almost like a Jazz Chorus - loads of built-in effects and loud enough to break all the windows even on 5...

Best Solid State amp I ever owned as far as cleans go. It has GAIN, MASTER VOLUME, VOLUME, 3 Bands of EQ (bass, treble, and mid) and a presense knob too - pretty fair distortion on it's own but when I pump my Zoom through her it sounds fantastic. More than enough power to gig any club and if you can find one - GRAB IT! I had the 15-watt version of it but just got the 50-watt model - and the 4 - 6" transducers pump out a wall of sound.

p.s. I've dusted the old girl too and replaced one of the missing orange caps (on the knob) from my 15-watter before I gave it to a 15-year old kid here in Jax (another ampless dude I know from the neighborhood who needed it). I'm lovin' this baby and even though it's SS I get some amazing tones out of it.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
I don't pretend to have heard every amp out there, but, the Roland Jazz Chorus had the best clean sound I have ever heard.
this does too - and I paid $110 w/shipping. I always wanted a JC-120 but I swear this thing has a super clean sound even cranked up - also has Long Delay, Short Delay, Chorus, Flanger, etc - and all have loads of settings to tweak... the delay can be set to infinite for a "forever" type echo.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!