So yesterday i tried out a few Epi Les Pauls, all standard and i really like it. I want to get one and it would be my first REAL guitar (I own a piecer from Wal-Mart).

One thing i learned is that its pronounced Epi-phone not Ee-pi-phone-ee. I felt like a dumbass calling it that at the guitar store.

I also learned that (correct me if I'm wrong) Epiphones to Gibsons are like LTDs to ESPs.
Atleast thats the way i think of them, but the guy told me i could put some Gibson pups in it and you couldn't even tell the difference.

Now I was wondering if this is a good guitar... If anyone here would recommend it or a certain other Epi Les Paul. I dont have a thousand dollars though... keep that in mind.
I'm Tyler
I like my Epi LP Custom for all of my darker music needs. It plays great and looks even better.
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
The Epi Les Pauk Custom is a nice guitar...just swap out the pickups tho. The Epi Tony Iommi SG is a great Epi too....
The Custom and LP Ultra are both great guitars, and yes, with some gibson hardware, it would be AMAZING!
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
the standards are fine.. i like them, but i have a standard plus but i dont really know the difference. my friend has a regular standard and it plays and sounds good.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
Quote by Octtwe88
So yesterday i tried out a few Epi Les Pauls, all standard and i really like it. I want to get one and it would be my first REAL guitar (I own a piecer from Wal-Mart).

One thing i learned is that its pronounced Epi-phone not Ee-pi-phone-ee. I felt like a dumbass calling it that at the guitar store.

I also learned that (correct me if I'm wrong) Epiphones to Gibsons are like LTDs to ESPs.
Atleast thats the way i think of them, but the guy told me i could put some Gibson pups in it and you couldn't even tell the difference.

Now I was wondering if this is a good guitar... If anyone here would recommend it or a certain other Epi Les Paul. I dont have a thousand dollars though... keep that in mind.

Look for a Les Paul Classic. They're discontinued(2006) but most shops carry the. I got mine for 500 (Canadian including tax)
And I do beleive LTD'S are high end ESP's. Epi's are low end Gibsons. But I'm not sure on that.
I have an Epiphone Les Paul, it sounds good and its cheaper than a Gibson ( although Gibson has a better rep. ) I recommend a standard, just remeber to change the strings no matter where you get it from.
the Epi LP Standard is a great guitar. just make sure the one you buy is a solid one, not one with dead spots in the wood or one with a bad neck, etc... anyways, the one I got was fantastic. It shipped across the country and stayed in tune.... nice cherry burst finish.

i replaced the stock pups with some gold Gibson '57 Classics, and it sounds WICKED. Pretty much comparable to a stock Gibson Les Paul. You'd get a bit more sustain with a Gibby, due to the 100% mahogany body, but the Epi still has good sustain, and with hotter pickups, it sustains even more.
Quote by NoneMoreBlack
Look for a Les Paul Classic. They're discontinued(2006) but most shops carry the. I got mine for 500 (Canadian including tax)
And I do beleive LTD'S are high end ESP's. Epi's are low end Gibsons. But I'm not sure on that.

I think the original poster is right... LTD's are the lower end ESP's(although they do have higher end guitars).
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
Yeah, LTD's are made in Korea, whilst ESP's are Japanese. The high end LTD's (1000 series) are very good guitars, but not quite on a par with the ESP standards. Close, but not quite

As for Epi's, the standards are decent enough guitars. Not on a par with a Gibson, regardless of what the salesman may have said, but decent enough for the price nonetheless. The Epiphone Elitist though, that's another story, they really are as good as a Gibson.
Only good news, alright. I think I'm gonna look around for one that i want.
I'm Tyler