But im stuck on a few issues.

1:---I have no idea what kind of wood to get. Im on a really tight budget and have delt with woods before. Whta kind of wood makes what sound and whats lightest and cheapest?

2:---What tools would I need?

3:--- I want to make a cheap flying V.my budget is about $100-$200 would it be cheaper to buy a kit or something?

4:--What are some good CHEAP pickups for a grungy bluesy tone?
I really would save up more money, there's no way to do a decent job on it if you don't have any of the tools on that budget.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I have a jig saw. sandpaper. A drill. will that work? Im aware il need to solderbut i have someone willing to do that for me.
your going to need a bandsaw to. and for 2 hundred dollars.your not going to get much. the cheapest wood i thnk is agathis...but thats the most horrible wood known to man other than plywood. so you should really save up more before you decide to build a guitar since you might not be happy with what you would make for that little.
^You're wrong, there are other tools I use more than the bandsaw. And basswood is cheaper than agathis, but it's not suitable for necks. Poplar is inexpensive and isn't bad. But you'll probably need quite a few more tools than you have, or at least find a friend that has quite a workshop.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
^You're wrong, there are other tools I use more than the bandsaw. And basswood is cheaper than agathis, but it's not suitable for necks. Poplar is inexpensive and isn't bad. But you'll probably need quite a few more tools than you have, or at least find a friend that has quite a workshop.

than what do you use to cut out the body? a.......gah. forgot the name of it.....
Router can do it.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
Poplar is a good cheap wood. Sound's alot like alder.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by gamerboy266
But im stuck on a few issues.

1:---I have no idea what kind of wood to get. Im on a really tight budget and have delt with woods before. Whta kind of wood makes what sound and whats lightest and cheapest?

2:---What tools would I need?

3:--- I want to make a cheap flying V.my budget is about $100-$200 would it be cheaper to buy a kit or something?

4:--What are some good CHEAP pickups for a grungy bluesy tone?

Wood- Alder and mahogany blanks are relatively inexpensive. You can go with one of the usual sources or you can check out ebay for possibly cheaper prices.

Tools - You need quite a bit but you don't need a bandsaw as someone suggested. A jigsaw will suffice for the initial cuts but you'll need a router to flush trim and to do your cavities and such.

Budget - Forget building a decent guitar for $100-200. You can look at kits but that's not really the same is it? Saga is one such vendor.

It also sounds like you want to do quite a bit more research before getting into this. Here's a list of guitar making resources that will help. It includes books, forums, tutorials, etc.

Regards,

Robert