I was just wondering what are the best pick ups u can gt for bass? i mean like make, my friend seems to think the two top bannanas are seymour duncan and emg is he rite?
They're brands, each brand has many pickups, some good, some sh*te.

Best is relative to the genre, some pickups suit genres better.

My personal favourties are anything with massive pole peices - MM's, 1/4lbs etc.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Pickup choices are huge. yes, there are a few big well known ones like Seymour Duncan, EMG, Bartolini, DiMarzio and loads more. You also get a few boutique pickup brands that I don't know the names of!

regardless, there is no best pickup brand. yes, Bartolini's will be better than the ones you salvage from an Encore!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
The "best" is a relative term. I am a fan of Lindy Fralin pickups. They are basically high quality vintage replacements. But they wouldn't cut it if I was asked to do a metal gig. There, I would want some EMGs.

There isn't a singular best bass pickup. At the end of the day, we are artists. Pickups are just pieces of equipment that help us to express ourselves, i.e. our paintbrush.

So to answer your question, the bass pickups for bass you can get are the ones that make you feel like you are able to express yourself more. You can only do that by trying out as many as you can on as many different basses as you can. Then you can find out.
Line 6 makes pickups? I never knew that. Gonna check em out now.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Darkstars, Fralins, and Nordstrands are my favorite boutique-ish level pick-ups.