scales ------ 20 min

improve ---- 10 min

chords ---- 15 min

Final practice time ==== 1 hour and 30 min
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok?

did I miss something?
Sight reading, ear training, picking excersises, alternate picking, sweep picking (unless all those are in basic exercises), music theory, modal composition, songwriting.
I bet you five bucks that I play guitar.
Quote by gamerboy266

improve ---- 10 min

improve 24/7
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Quote by hoondog
improve 24/7

Maybe he meant improv as in improvising.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Seriously. I gotta practice for only 90 mins? And I usually practice for almost twice that. Guess I better practice less then :P
WHY have a practice schedule, just do what you feel, dont make it like a regime for god sakes. Guitar is meant to be FUN, not a chore.
Quote by mehjoe
WHY have a practice schedule, just do what you feel, dont make it like a regime for god sakes. Guitar is meant to be FUN, not a chore.

exactly!
I play everyday from when I wake up till I can'
t play anymore. That's the best practice schedule. Just play whenever you can.
MillsMetalMan
yeah same here, i play for most of the day if no class.... pick it up for a hour and practice really hard. then go do something else(eat,TV...etc) come back later and play
Damn, you're doing something wrong if you've got a schedule...
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
Quote by fexnah
Damn, you're doing something wrong if you've got a schedule...

Please, explain to me why you think this is true.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by mehjoe

+1231242523673473657
Guitars:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Epiphone G310 - Dead

Amp:
Marshall MG15CDR

Pedals:
Line 6 Uber metal - Dead
Quote by mehjoe

Couldn't agree more mate
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
I don't have a schedual but when I do practice, I will play a song as a warmup, then I'll improv for a while, just having fun. Then after the fun stuff I do exercises, scales, skill building, and technical training.

I usually break it up into
1/4 speed picking and odd chromatic exercises and large interval stretchs
1/4 arpeggios
1/4 breaking down songs I like into exercises for techniques
1/4 review time
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Zeppelin256
Please, explain to me why you think this is true.

Lets see, guitar is not some kind of school project, it is meant to be fun-that is the difference between a good guitar player and a crappy one-a good one has fun while he plays. Thats why bands can get popular with nothing more than power chords.
But yeah, guitar should not a be a chore, it should be fun.
Quote by groovymr1337
Lets see, guitar is not some kind of school project, it is meant to be fun-that is the difference between a good guitar player and a crappy one-a good one has fun while he plays. Thats why bands can get popular with nothing more than power chords.
But yeah, guitar should not a be a chore, it should be fun.

Wouldn't someone who is more dedicated to guitar have a much stricter practicing regime?

I've read stuff about certain players, Zakk Wylde playing 8 hours a day, Steve Vai telling himself he will not eat, sleep, or take a break until he can play a certain lick.

If you're truly dedicated to improving yourself you're not going to just play random stuff the whole time your practicing, you're going to practice each component of what your goal is, or you should to some extent AT LEAST.

Timing yourself isn't always the best of plans, but spending enough time on each subject to stay interested and give yourself a good practice is a good thing.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio