Hey, I was browsing around musician's friend and I found a Gibson ES-335 for 1,500 bucks and I was like woah, nice! Because I was looking for one for quite a while and that's the best price I've seen. Anyway, it's a "scratch and dent" + "clearance" item, which is probably why it's so cheap, just wondering if anyone's ever bought any scratch and dent items from MF, or know anyone who has?

Link to guitar: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-ES335-Satin-Finish-Electric-Guitar?sku=517751X

Here's their description: "This is a Scratch and Dent item. What does that mean? These items are primarily products that have been previously returned by other customers. They are products that may have some cosmetic flaws such as scratches or nicks, or may be slightly experienced. Either way, they are guaranteed to function perfectly. If you can live with a minor blemish and a "not-so-pretty" box, you'll save some serious bucks! Because of the random nature of flaws on specific items, we are unable to list specific details. All Scratch and Dent products include our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee so you can take a full 45 days to check out the gear before deciding to keep it. "

I love to play the blues and clean stuff, and the tone on these are incredible, from what I've heard. I was thinking about buying a brand new American Deluxe Strat from MF, but this would be the only reason I was doubting it.

Anyways, just looking for any information or opinions Peace!
Yamaha AES620HB Semi-Hollow Electric,
Yamaha FG730S Acoustic,
Nova "Strat Knockoff" Electric,
Casio CTK-700 Keyboard,
Vox DA15 30 Watt Amp,
Nova "Shitty" 10 Watt Amp.
Last edited by fireonalexis at Jul 15, 2007,
If you buy hope theres no real serieus damage to the guitar. You cant be sure really. Could be everything from a small scratch to some big damage.
Quote by NorthEuropean
If you buy hope theres no real serieus damage to the guitar. You cant be sure really. Could be everything from a small scratch to some big damage.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. It's supposed to be 100% guarenteed to have no flaws in quality, but I'm still not sure. It'd be a big pain in the ass to ship it back, where I live in Canada.
Yamaha FG730S Acoustic,
Casio CTK-700 Keyboard,
Vox DA15 30 Watt Amp,
Unless you're dead-set on having "Gibson" on the headstock, the Epi Elitist ES-335 goes for $1300.
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
I bought a Traynor amp from them. It was $200 less than new and I still haven't found the blemish.

A lot of the scratch and dents are actually perfect mint condition customer returns that they can't resell as new. All of their items have a 45 day return policy so if you order it and the problem is unbearable to you you can return it for a refund.
if you could get a pic of it and make sure theres no problem id go for it
besides a little flaw in the finish here and there gives it character
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by Sunshine86
Unless you're dead-set on having "Gibson" on the headstock, the Epi Elitist ES-335 goes for $1300.

Yeah, I saw that too, but for an extra 200 bucks, I figured why not the Gibson?
I was hoping to see someone say they have hard time finding the blemishes, and they just can't sell them new. I doubt I can find a picture of it, maybe I'll google try to google one. But yeah, I suppose I could send it back if it had something wrong with it that was unbearable.

On a side note: Biggest rip off EVER! : http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/EVH-Eddie-Van-Halen-Frankenstein-Replica-Electric-Guitar?sku=513703
Yamaha FG730S Acoustic,
Casio CTK-700 Keyboard,
Vox DA15 30 Watt Amp,
I've bought a blem Epi Les Paul Custom on musicians friend. Only flaw i saw was a VERY minor dent on the side of the guitar, small than a BB. And I also had fret buzz of the low E string. Hope that helps.
Quote by primus299
I've bought a blem Epi Les Paul Custom on musicians friend. Only flaw i saw was a VERY minor dent on the side of the guitar, small than a BB. And I also had fret buzz of the low E string. Hope that helps.

Yeah, that sounds pretty decent actually. Did you adjust the action so it wouldn't buzz anymore?
Yamaha FG730S Acoustic,
Casio CTK-700 Keyboard,
Vox DA15 30 Watt Amp,