if u have a decent cube amp lets say a 2006 year made 40 watt rolan cube amp and u have a digi teck metal master distortion pedal even if its the slightest bit that pedal does alot for the sound of the amp rite because i have the money to get a sertant guitar the esp m-II and people keep on saying that i should get a amp first and i understant why they are saying that but if my amp already sound better then what it should sound with my pedal i dont truely need a new amp inless i start a band or play live shows ?
IF MY AMP IS ALREADY DECENT SOUNDING CUZ OF MY PEDAL I DONT REALLY NEED TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING A AMP UNTIL I START SHOWS AND **** lmfao
Quote by esp/ibanez
I came to politely ask the users of this fine site if I, a young guitarist who does not perform shows, should upgrade my amplifier. You see, in my opinion my tone sounds good using a pedal with my amp. I plan on buying a new guitar knowing fully that the most of my tone comes from the amplifier. SO, should I buy a new amp or simply get a new guitar. Thank you

Fixed to something that makes sense .
Grammar murder of holocaust proportions!
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
Last edited by jackson001 at Jul 15, 2007,
Quote by jackson001
grammar murder of holocaust proportions!

Grammar should be capitalized and if your refering to the Jewish Holocaust then it has to be capitalized as well.
I concede. Your right. But, I had the basics! Except for the holocaust bit. While, the jewish holocaust is the only one I know of, It isn't necessarily the only one to happen. Eventualy we might have another of another group. Who knows?
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
no. regardless of what you think, the Digitech Metal Master does not sound good and you SHOULD buy a new amp if that is making you Cube sound "good."
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
You'd be surprised at how much a good amp will improve your tone. And how much English lessons will improve your grammar.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Made Of Metal
no. regardless of what you think, the Digitech Metal Master does not sound good and you SHOULD buy a new amp if that is making you Cube sound "good."

Regardless of what you think, good sound is subjective; if he likes his tone, then it's a good tone for him.

That said, what is the point of this thread? You didn't ask a question, you just told us that your opinion is the correct opinion.
Are you above the age of 3?

I'm pretty sure I know 4 year olds who make more sense than that.

Unless you're from another country, in which case I just can't understand.

If you are saying...You shouldn't buy a new amp if you like the sound of it. Then that is true. If you like the sound of your set up and you aren't playing shows or anything then why upgrade it?
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
To topic creator:
1) Learn the magnificant powers of puncutuation and learn to write decipherable sentences and paragraphs.

2) If I understood your post as, " I want a new guitar, but people keep telling me to get a new amp first and I think my set-up is fine.", then I would tell you to buy a new guitar. If you like your sound now, and would rather have a new guitar, then go for the guitar. The amp can come later, especially if you aren't in a band now. While sound is extremely important, I think it's more important for the guitarist to like the guitar they playing. I myself would be happier playing a beautiful guitar through a bad amp, than a bad/ugly guitar through a great amp.