I'm getting bored of my practice routine. So someone give me some fun new licks, warm-ups, and/or fun things to do to a metronome so I can spice things up.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
Join the club brotha. I would really like to join you on a journey of finding out how to practise good. I'm leaving in a few days for Virginia and I hope the time apart will make the heart grow fonder you know, but I still need some motivation or something.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Join the club brotha. I would really like to join you on a journey of finding out how to practise good. I'm leaving in a few days for Virginia and I hope the time apart will make the heart grow fonder you know, but I still need some motivation or something.

My heart goes out to ya. I really got fired up for bass after being away from it for a week in DC. The only crappy thing is I just went back to my old ways. If only I would of buckled down when I got back.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

PM NightmareXT To Join!

Yeah, maybe I'll learn from your mistakes and really throw myself into a routine after I return. One good thing I've done is that me and my drummer made a pact that we each practise at least four hours for one week in August. I'm hoping that will be revitalizing experience. Knowing my competitive German/British heritage, I won't give up if he don't.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Yeah, maybe I'll learn from your mistakes and really throw myself into a routine after I return. One good thing I've done is that me and my drummer made a pact that we each practise at least four hours for one week in August. I'm hoping that will be revitalizing experience. Knowing my competitive German/British heritage, I won't give up if he don't.

Please do! Trust me you will be dieing to get you hands on your bass. I can't comprehend how well I'd be doing if I actually tried when I was that on fire.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry

PM NightmareXT To Join!

do they have to be metal songs? If not, I warm up with

Aeroplane - Helps me find the strings for slappin and popping, and warms up my fingers for walking
Stone Cold Bush - Faster slappin and poppin at the solo
Around The World - Moves my fingers around the neck a lot
Classical thump - conditions my thumb
Then ill play something crappy by Rise Against... like, 1000 Good Intentions or Last Chance Blueprint, just to get timing and speed. Them im ready to start learning things or really jamming.