Well, I know everyone likes clips, and I felt like recording tonight so I got this clip recorded of the song Mama I'm Coming Home. I chose it because I get to use the clean channel, the overdrive channel and the boost all in one song. The setting I used were full volume and tone on the bridge pickup (EMG 81) of my schecter with amp settings of
Gain: 9
Volume: 7ish
Bass: 6
Middle: 7
Treble: 8
And on the clean channel, I used both pickups, but turned down the volume a bit of the neck pickup (EMG 85). The amp settings were
Volume: 5
Bass: 7
Middle: 7.5
Treble: 3
Both channels were reverb: 2 Master Volume: 4

I hope no one thinks of this as spam, and I just wanted to record ever since my dad bought tons of recording stuff.... So what do you think?

traynor ycv50 blue mama im coming home.wav - 42.07MB

If anyone cares, I used the line out from my p.a. speaker type things and an sm57 for my amp.

EDIT: By the way, the tubes are a bit over two years old now, so they might not be at their best.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Last edited by Nocomment at Jul 15, 2007,
thanks alot. ive been wanting to hear this amp, and im sure many others will find this interesting and/or useful.

kudos.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
Can you convert it to an mp3 please?

And what is the difference between the ycv40 wr and ycv 50 blue?

Wouldn't be a bad idea to put this one on the clips thread.
Gear:
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
ESP EC-400
TS-9 DX
Stagg Strat-a-like
MIJ Boss CE-2
see if you can get a mic stand so you can place the mic right up to the cone of the speaker, for like optimal recording. Other than that nice. i love the blues my neighbor has one.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I have a stand, the cone is what the middle of it?
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Quote by Fired_Scape
Can you convert it to an mp3 please?

And what is the difference between the ycv40 wr and ycv 50 blue?

Wouldn't be a bad idea to put this one on the clips thread.

the 40 uses 6L6's and the 50 uses EL34's. Other than that they're exactly the same circuitry in the preamp.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
I listened to it. It has very much that typical JCM800 tone. The clean channel sounded just like a clean JCM800 and the gain sounded very similar to the JCM800's.

I really like it!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
About mic placement, where do i want it exactly? The manual for the mic says 6 to 12 inches away from the speaker and on axis with the speaker cone. What does all that mean exactly? Where's the cone?
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
the cone is the center of the speaker.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
Hey man I just wanted to say nice playing, and thanks I've been waiting to hear this amp, I'm thinking of buying a YCV40 WR or a YCV 20 with upgraded tubes and speaker. Thanks again.
The cleans were nice but the distortion sounded a bit thin and sterile to me.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Reincaster
the 40 uses 6L6's and the 50 uses EL34's. Other than that they're exactly the same circuitry in the preamp.

I'm not so sure about that. Traynor says not only does it have el34 PTs, but the pre-amp tubes are voiced differently. There is some difference in the circuitry according to Traynor. All I can say is that I went from a ycv40wr to the blue and have never been happier. I thought the 40wr was awesome, but the blue is tops IMO.
dont mean to jack this thread but has anyone seen or played a traynor custom special 50?
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
It might have been the emgs really, and i can try recording it properly, I placed it not right in the middle of the speaker and the manual says this reduces bass and warmth. That's probably the problem?
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
prob. I woudl have boosted the mids and a little bit of bass
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks