Who do you guys think was the first hardcore band? I haven't really ever heard any discussion about this. I'm gonna say it was Black Flag. Not sure though.
No one knows what hardcore is anymore so it's hard to say who the first one was. I've stopped thinking of Black Flag and similar bands as hardcore, considering what is called "hardcore" today. I just call them punk since most hardcore today is metal-like.
Quote by bass_kid92
I just call them punk since most hardcore today is metal-like.

That would be called metalcore my uninformed friend.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Quote by pinheadslts75
Minor Threat and Gorilla Biscuits are what started this tough-guy bull****.

I think that was more Agnostic Front, Cro-Mags, Sick of It All, etc.
My friend claims it was Agnostic Front...

I tend to disagree.

I don't think there's one band that actually started creating hardcore punk before anyone else...I think some punk rock bands just slowly started to evolve.
Quote by pinheadslts75
Minor Threat and Gorilla Biscuits are what started this tough-guy bull****.

You are a moron. Someday, take the time to read some GB lyrics

The first hardcore band was either Bad Brains or Middle Class. They both sprung up around the same time, just on different sides of the country.
Quote by Cedence

The first hardcore band was either Bad Brains or Middle Class. They both sprung up around the same time, just on different sides of the country.

yeah i agree i think it was either bad brains or middle class, but i really dont know if any could say who the first was
It was a band called Overcast out of Mass.
Quote by Seryaph
Hold your tongue!! Spare our ears your vile blaspheme.

Chuck Norris doesn't die. He triumphs.
It was the Out of Vogue single by Middle Class in 1978 followed closely thereafter by the Pay to Cum 7" by the Bad Brains.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
Quote by InTheUnblindOf
It was a band called Overcast out of Mass.

It was certainly NOT Overcast. I'm pretty sure any member of Killswitch Engage would not contribute to being the first hardcore band in any way once so ever.

I thought it was Bad Brains but what do i know
Quote by xKurtx
Atreyu!!!

no it was A7X!!!1!!one!!

it really was just punk bands evolving, it all just depends on where you see the line between hardcore and punk
Quote by _fender_fan_
My friend claims it was Agnostic Front...

Definitely not the first hardcore band, maybe the first "tough guy" band.

Quote by Cedence

Bad Brains didn't even form until 1979. Middle Class, Black Flag, Discharge, and the Dead Kennedys had already been formed.