how should i do this
i know using a metrenome but its sooo boring playing it at like 60bpm do you guys know of any etudes i could use
oh, just, practice scales sweeped, like my friend showed me the E minor scale (starts on 12th fret)
Quote by jpgilbert701
how should i do this
i know using a metrenome but its sooo boring playing it at like 60bpm do you guys know of any etudes i could use

If its so boring, try to bring it to 80 bpm? If you are bored with it, that means that either

a) You have no motivation and will ultimately fail because of it anyways, or

b) It's so slow that you are bored of it.
Start slow, build up speed. Make sure you're muting your strings after you sound them.
Quote by insideac
If its so boring, try to bring it to 80 bpm? If you are bored with it, that means that either

a) You have no motivation and will ultimately fail because of it anyways, or

b) It's so slow that you are bored of it.

Doesn't matter if it's boring, you gotta work at it. Don't run before you can walk.
any links to any sweep-picking practice tabs? preferably powertab files, but i can settle for regular tabs if necessary.
glass prison by dream theater, the intro
constant motion by dream theater, the middle of the solo
stream of conciousness by dream theater, after the fast solo there's a piano solo, and im almost positive its right there
I'll recommend what I do to everyone learning how to sweep. Learn the Psalm of Lydia sweeps (intro and yes I know they are hard, and I seriously doubt you'll be able to play them up to speed, but they are great none the less for getting the technique down).
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
sweep pickin is hard. practice at a slow speed, and slowly increase. and slowly as in it takes HOURS to actually get anywhere. i'm still stuck on 4 string sweep, on a slow pace.
Quote by jpgilbert701
do you guys know of any etudes i could use

Why not make your own? Either using theory or your ear, find some sweeps that sound cool together and link them up.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums