Hi Guys,
I've had this guitar for years and originally bought it as a PRS prototype - I have my doubts! Everyone I know that has played it have are in agreement that it's the sweetest guitar they've ever played... anyone ever seen anything like it? I just wanna know what it is, what it looks like it might be made out of etc. Thanks for your help in advance - I also have some larger images if anyone is interested.
Attachments:
body_angle.jpg
body_close.jpg
body_side.jpg
full.jpg
full2.jpg
that is pretty sweet, looks kinda like an ibanez sz prestiege
Quote by Mathamology
One day that guy is gonna lose a whole arm to that blender

and that shall be the day I laugh the hardest
i couldnt read it, does it say prs? im assuming so

maybe and earlier model or limited run, that is if it isnt a prs
Quote by Mathamology
One day that guy is gonna lose a whole arm to that blender

and that shall be the day I laugh the hardest
Last edited by markazord at Jul 16, 2007,
Nice guitar. Can't say one way or another if it's a real one or not though.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
It has had somekind of wording up there but has worn off with age - now all that remains is a thin black line
I don't know about that bridge and tailpiece though. Not an expert on PRS here, but most PRS models have the wraparound bridge. And that bridge (at least from the pics you posted) looks like a bridge you typically find on Korean / Chinese import guitars. Perhaps it's one of the prototypes for the PRS SE series.

Still though, looks like a great guitar.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Thanks XibanezedgeX, I'll give it a go tonight always a bit worried when it comes to messing around with pickups...
Look custom built to me? Modeled after a PRS...
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
the only problem i have with it being a custom is the sheer quality of the cratsmanship! I can see that it is very PRSish with the headstocklooking like a wider prs head at the top - kinda stretched almost...
Quote by markazord
i couldnt read it, does it say prs? im assuming so

maybe and earlier model or limited run, that is if it isnt a prs

i don't think it's an ibanez, the headstock is the same shape as PRS. No matter what it is it still looks like a very nice guitar.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
yeah it either is a PRS, or it is styled on one. looks a bit like its been sanded at some point, as though it used to be painted.
Quote by JamesRudge
the only problem i have with it being a custom is the sheer quality of the cratsmanship! I can see that it is very PRSish with the headstocklooking like a wider prs head at the top - kinda stretched almost...

what do you mean?

you would hope it was well crafted if its a custom job

alot of the custom makers as good as the master builders fro mthe big named brands
sorry - maybe i got my terminology wrong, when i think custom, i automatically think home-made...