I have a squier thinline tele and it's a really good guitar. One day I was playing guitar and the phone rang so I answered it and just as I was about to hang up I dropped the phone right near the tone controls. So now I have 3 or 4 dings on my teles body. I'm not an expert at painting guitars and I'd lean away from. Any suggestions on what to do?
Leave it that way. scratches and dings give your guitar ccharacter. You should see my tele after 4 years of intens gigging.. I love it
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Leave it but if you really really really hate it I think you can wet sand it smooth but you may have to give it a touch up of lacquer or soemthing it'd be easiest to leave it, the other easier option would be to just give it a full new paint-job.
i hate droped my guitar so many times and it has no dings or dents
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
My guitars are the same way. I play at a computer desk and I always accidently bash it of the desk like 4 times a week and I still have no chips or noticeable scratches. I guess Im just lucky...
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
Sorry, I forgot to specify, The phone actually took the lacquer and paint off so there are 4 dings where it's just wood.
how does a phone do that? Seriously what kind of 30 pound massive metal plated phone do you have? Anyways...What color is it? Maybe try to find a matching nail polish color or paint a design over it like Jimi Hendrix' V.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
I have so many dents and dings in my guitar. I really like the way it gives the guitar individuality. I accidently burned a big mark into my headstock once with a soldering iron. Don't worry about it.