My electric gives a slight hum when I'm not touching the strings. And sometimes i feel like i get and very slight electric shock...is this...normal?? I'm a beginner and this is my first electric. It's a les paul copy...
The hum is normal but im not sure about the shock. If you have a monitor or TV near the guitar that will also cause more hum.
Gear

Custom fender stratocaster
Tokai Love Rock
Gibson ES-335
Vintage Ibanez V
Dillion PRS style

Fender DeVille 4X10
Peavey bravo 112

Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez DCL
Marshall Govnor 2
Little big muff
Boss ds-1
Boss me-50
Crybaby wah
The shock's probably cos the electrics aren't grounded properly, get that checked out cos if you crank the amp, that shock gets bigger
ohai little sig.
thats an earthing fault, you probably dont have continuous earthing.

you need to check the wiring
my gear

• ibanez rg350dx
  • legend fat strat
  • vox ad30vt
  • laney double footswitch
  • behringer eq700
  • zoom gfx 707 effects processor
  • boss gt-3 effects processor
exactly,and due to my "ahem" countrys plugs,wich are deviod of the earthing third blade,i get that hum too,considered normal,but no shock
I didnt get a shock...i just thought i do sometimes...just my nerves maybe.

It's a les paul copy...it has humbuckers...shouldnt it have very less hum?? And I check the wiring? I do have an earthing third blade...
Quote by Alijonroth
exactly,and due to my "ahem" countrys plugs,wich are deviod of the earthing third blade,i get that hum too,considered normal,but no shock

America, huh? Always have to be different in every way from the Brits to show of their 'independence'

I'll stick to my properly earthed electrical devices, leaders with IQ's about 10 and fine tea's.
Quote by sofubar
America, huh? Always have to be different in every way from the Brits to show of their 'independence'

I'll stick to my properly earthed electrical devices, leaders with IQ's about 10 and fine tea's.

I'll personally stick to my falsely earthed electrical devices, leaders with IQ's of about 5 and horrible tea.
"After while your cheap talk dont even cause me pain...so let your bullets fly like rain."
Don't play in any basements with concrete floors until you get it fixed. Make sure you don't touch your lips to the microphone when singing. You will get the hottest kiss you ever felt (might spoil you!)