a single channel tube amp that doesn't break? (stays clean)

Every single channel I've come across has a description that claims it get get a clean sound by rolling down the volume, but I'm curious if there are any single channel amps that stay clean.

Not looking for recommendations, just curious

-Holden
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Most tubes start clipping when you crank them up. You might want a solid state amp if you want a clean sound, but you can't go wrong with something like a twin or a deluxe reverb.
Hmmm, all valve amps get dirty as you crank them mate, that's just how they work. Some stay pretty clean and only get mild overdrive though, such as the majority of Fender's.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Yep, Twin Reverb is your best bet, i bet you cant get it to break up if you wanted to.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
All valves will breakup EVENTUALLY, but the best bet for what you want is a high-end Fender i would think
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by feedthenight
Most tubes start clipping when you crank them up. You might want a solid state amp if you want a clean sound, but you can't go wrong with something like a twin or a deluxe reverb.

even then most solid states clip extremely early to get a completely clean sound at loud volumes. the only one i played that truly stayed clean at high volumes was a Roland JC
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by philipisabeast
I've heard of plenty of Fender's pretty much never breaking up

ummm not quite

as far as i know just about any tube amp with start to distort when played at high volumes. The difference is how high the volume has to be to get it to clip. For example a 40 watt Fender Super Reverb with breakup, but probably not at a volume that you could be in the same room with.

On the other hand a blues junior for example will breakup at a quiter volume because it is not as powerful.

There are a million variables in this but from what i know all tube amps will distort at some point (case and point the guitar stylings of Clapton, Hendrix, SRV, and many others who got their overdrive from the amps, and then just used like a ts808 in the case of SRV to add a little mroe sustain to it.)

Hawk
Fender Twin Reverb. its 100 watts, if you crank that your ears will break faster then the amp will.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

I never hit the ceiling on my Twin Reverb while I had it. I cranked it once (maxed out, not that wussy version of "krank" that most seem to hold as the definition) and the walls shook, but no hint of break up...that thing was clean as a friggin' bell. The Deluxe Reverb has a lower threshold, but still a pretty high one.
id stay away from any bassman style fender amps though (hot rod, blues deluxe, deville) they break up around 5 if you have humbuckers and around 7-8 if you have single coils (keep in mind most go to 12)
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
Fender Twin Reverb. its 100 watts, if you crank that your ears will break faster then the amp will.

85 watts. Close enough, though.
As far as single-channel tube amps go I doubt you will find one. They are more responsive to guitar level changes but the cleans will not be pristine. Solid state might work but you probably know about those.
I have a question...If all single channels break up, then how do multiple channel amps stay clean on the clean channel?
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
The cleanest two-channel tube amp I ever heard was a Fender Vibrolux. A lot of it has to do with headroom (but not all.) Capacitors, transformers, resistors and to a large extent speakers all add together to reduce distortion.
Quote by TehNez
I have a question...If all single channels break up, then how do multiple channel amps stay clean on the clean channel?

They don't - they'd break up if you cranked them

The distortion channels on those amps just put pre amp made gain into your signal - not true power tube distortion [unless of course you crank that aswell]