Im having to sack our bassist because he isnt up to par..he is a really nice guy tho so i want to word this correctly..is this ok?

Hey Chris, thanks for coming today mate. I'll be upfront though in that im going to get someone a bit more experienced on bass for the band. To be honest there was a lot of problems today mate with timing-coming in too early and also too late, a lot of the parts were missed or you were fingering them but not playing them, also there was a lot of times you were switching off which is bad for the rhythm section because we have to know where we are together in the tune rather than a vocalist who knows where his words go.

For the 8 weeks we havent rehersed i said time after time to just memorise the 5 songs which i spent ages reworking to make them easy as possible, and you were not bad with lead back and life support machine but not knowing for what its worth after doing 2 myspace sites and a guitar pro and writing the tab for you was a bit weird. To be honest we all struggle with the complex music and we have been playing for 15 odd years. Your playing has technically got better but the timing is crucial..its not something i was solid with until about my 3rd year of playing. I was determined to have a relaxed rehersal without having to worry about other parts because i cant work on my own.

Sorry to do this mate, but we have taken nearly a year to get songs together, and had the same hassles with the old singer and its at the point where im not looking forward to playing because of the hassles. Hope there's no hard feelings.
I'm not really into tea bagging other dudes but if you are (I support you) go for it. Why not just hire someone to take him out?
why cant you do it in person? id feel much better getting that kind of news in person, not in letter-form
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
Quote by DTOE
why cant you do it in person? id feel much better getting that kind of news in person, not in letter-form

he lives 30 miles away. i could phone him i never end up saying the right things tho. im totally pi$$ed off because he is a beginner but talked himself up to get in the band now he hasnt learned any songs after taking 2 months off specifically to do so (tool esque songs so tough)
just kick him in the balls and tell him he's a worthless piece of **** who doesn't deserve to be in your band.

my mom told me to say that.
sack him the hard way. Maybe he will start his own band which will in time kick your ass while you become ****. Ok its a bit farfetched, but its happened before...
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by Mechanixx
sack him the hard way. Maybe he will start his own band which will in time kick your ass while you become ****. Ok its a bit farfetched, but its happened before...

could happen we're not too bad sounding tho
i think you should try to keep it as broad as possible. if you mention specific incidents, it can either make him feel worse or make him feel like that's the only thing that he's doing wrong (i.e. "alright then i promise i can work on that one part... blah blah etc.") then it turns into him pleading with you and blah. also its really easy to tell when someone is trying to put you down easily. just keep it succinct
member #3 of the "WELOVEREGGAE" club

Quote by RIM99
Just tell her you're going over to her house to play tiddlywinks and mack that shit.

SPARTAN 296 OF UG'S 300

Jackson Dinky: $67/$499

Master Chief of the UG Society of Ninjas
just kick him in the balls and tell him he's a worthless piece of sh*t who doesn't deserve to be in your band.

that was great
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
One important thing:Wether your breaking up with a band memebner or a girlfriend...- Don't give a list of their faultys!

It's the exact wrong time to do it, just be very very general.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
One of my bands had to sack a guitarist. This guy was very good, the best in our area really, but he just wanted to play Van Halen **** and his ego was massive. Anyway what we did was call him up with all the band members there and attempted to end it there. BUT he "had to go" so we called him back about an hour later and left him a message on his cell. Thats a pretty ****ty way to do it but whatever. I personaly dont think you need to be that nice to the guy tho, i mean he wasted alot of your time.

Anyway hope that helped.
So it goes.
Do it in person even if it takes you to drive the 30 miles. Also, take this to the Bandleading forum.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
ya no letters or anything. in person, even if you can meet him somewhere or something maybe.
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
Quote by Mechanixx

Huh?? WHA??? MUSTAINE??
The UG churches Tabernacle maintenence guy.

I suvived the Bannecide.
Quote by martynehgr
lie and tell him your breaking up and if he ever sees you say you reformed

the status quo approach, like it.

i'd do it in person at a rehearsal, so its convenient.
If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Quote by DigUpHerBones
I love you and think I just about understood what you said. Cheers.

Like Pokémon? Like threads?
that letter sounds nice

you couldnt have put it nicer to be honest.
This is my Myspace
Quote by Pink_blood
you know shoes are a very serious matter.
Hitler couldn't have invaded Poland without shoes. Yeah you think about that!

Quote by Metallica708

Oh my god.
I knew I had a long lost brother
Quote by HangmaN47
Huh?? WHA??? MUSTAINE??

im glad sum1 cottoned on to my subversive Megadeth>Metallica comment. Megadeths always been better tho.

*prays that this will not turn into a Metallica vs Megadeth thread, cuz its unfair on the OP*

EDIT: Seeing as he lives far away and easy thing to do is say your breaking up and then reform with the other members without him knowing.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Last edited by Mechanixx at Jul 16, 2007,
Quote by Leftindust
just kick him in the balls and tell him he's a worthless piece of **** who doesn't deserve to be in your band.

my mom told me to say that.

I would sig that if I had room.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
You're either gay or a pussy, who the hell writes letters when you can call him and stop wasting your time.
[IMG]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7971/ugsig7ej.gif[/IMG]