okay, i've got a pretty sweet tone after a lot of fiddling around but the only thing that does not come out how i want it to is palm mutes, they sound very weak.
is there any way to make em come out more chunky without changing too much, they sound pretty tight if i turn my bass up (i have it at about 7 o clock, just above 0) but then the rest of what i'm playing sounds worse.
First, the palm of your hand should be on the right spot (i.e. end of the bridge or very slightly in front of it). If it's to far from the bridge, the sound will su*k. Second, don't press to hard.

If this is not gonna help, maybe turn up presence on the amp?
There are a few things you can do to make your palm muting have more power. Turn up the bass and resonance (if you have that), turn down the mids and contour, or experiment with palm muting techniques.
WTLTL 2011
palm right on the edge of the bridge, thats what I do
+Dont die its bad for you+
Quote by laurens666
First, the palm of your hand should be on the right spot (i.e. end of the bridge or very slightly in front of it). If it's to far from the bridge, the sound will su*k. Second, don't press to hard.

If this is not gonna help, maybe turn up presence on the amp?

this guy/gal is right

u reli just need 2 get ur technique right

i use

schecter syn custom
marshall jvm-1000 stack
line 6 pod
korg kaos pad
and various metal/distortion pedals
i have my technique down fine, and have done for a long time.
hmm i might look into some pedals for it
Quote by zooolig
this guy/gal is right

u reli just need 2 get ur technique right

i use

schecter syn custom
marshall jvm-1000 stack
line 6 pod
korg kaos pad
and various metal/distortion pedals

I have been trying to figure this out for a while. What is a Kaos Pad?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II
Ibanez 25W "Tone Blaster"
Fender Starcaster (Not the vintage kind, the Wal-Mart Value kit kind"

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
Bass down to almost zero?

Your tone must sound like a tin cat being thrown down a well. With it's tone knob turned up to 48.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Bass down to almost zero?

Your tone must sound like a tin cat being thrown down a well. With it's tone knob turned up to 48.

+1

Seriously, You shouldn't start from 0 imo. I think you should put your settings on all 5, then cut or boost the ones you need a bit more or less of. Putting your bass not even on 1 sounds just awful. I think you need to properly eq your amp and then try.
boosting is what makes them really chunky
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude