I'm moving from America to Europe, and from what I understand pedals and other accessories are much more expensive there, and they offer a very limited number of brands. In other words, I need to go shopping and buy everything here...because I cant get it (for the right price) when I move.

The question is simple. What would you buy in my position? I play mostly metal, influences include Dethklok (thunderhorse anyone?), As I Lay Dying and Avenged Sevenfold. Also early metallica.

My gear:
Schecter C1-classic fitted with EMG81/85
B-52 212 combo amp
Digitech Bad monkey overdrive
Boss RC-2 looper.

I was personally considering a wah pedal and a noise gate.

Any ideas on what would be a good idea to get before moving?
WTLTL 2011
europe isn't one country... prices kinda differ between them.
What country in Europe? I would personally go for a ISP Decimator to get you started can be bought off thomann.de based in Germany http://www.thomann.de/gb/isp_technologies_decimator_pedal.htm
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
buy all you need while living in america. everything is more expensive here, and i mean EVERYTHING! some places you have to pay the double for a wah pedal here, than you need in the US.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P)

"Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all."
- Kurt Donald Cobain (R.I.P)
Hey man sorry to go off topic a little but I have the same amp and was considering getting the Bad Monkey OD to go with it. How do you like it? Does it sound pretty good?
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Anything by Boss will be way more expensive in Europe and a lot of other pedals, buy most pedals you want before you move but also look on thomann.de to compare prices. Netherlands is a cool place though, it seems to be one of those places where some laws are a lot more loose you mite say
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
bear in mind, europe is a different voltage.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Lucky for you there are a few guitarshops in the Netherlans that also sell via internet. And yes, the pedals are more expensive here but I'm not sure about amps like Marshall. If you need some web links just PM or email me.
the voltage is different here but i'm pretty sure travel adapters have transformers in them so that shouldn't be a problem. i have a neon dream theater sign from the US works fine here in northern ireland
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
the voltage is different here but i'm pretty sure travel adapters have transformers in them so that shouldn't be a problem. i have a neon dream theater sign from the US works fine here in northern ireland

most travel adapters dont. but a lot of electrical devices can take a range of voltages. economy of scale probably.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
I came from the Netherlands originally, so I am aware of the voltage change. I got a huge converter for an entire room, so I got that covered.

I did a little googling...and I didnt even find a site where they sell Boss, or marshall in the Netherlands o_O

I also looked at a few guitars.....ibanez is like +50% in price in places. Scary.

but the general concensus is that I should stock up on pedals. Anything specifically?
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
I came from the Netherlands originally, so I am aware of the voltage change. I got a huge converter for an entire room, so I got that covered.

I did a little googling...and I didnt even find a site where they sell Boss, or marshall in the Netherlands o_O

I also looked at a few guitars.....ibanez is like +50% in price in places. Scary.

but the general concensus is that I should stock up on pedals. Anything specifically?

There are least 4 or 5 shops that sell them.
Thanks for all the feedback. I think I'll buy a wah pedal and a noise gate before I move...
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G

you should be grand then.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?