i love to shred, i play death metal, speed metal, power metal , prog metal

i need a live rig thats easily manipulated with my feet i'm looking at anything that would give me some serious distortion and put me a step towards perfect pinch harmonics i have a schecter 006 blackjack i also need some type of recording device currently no price set nothing ridiculous of course but im just looking atm
"People are strange when you're a stranger. Faces look ugly when you're alone"

"23 go in to the end"
all i use is an xt live anymore. i'll third that one.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Yea full stacks are cool and all...(NOT)...but I just want a PodXTLive...I'll keep my JSX and Carvins for recording though...Not often that you find a studio with them in house...
if you want perfect pinches, work on your technique
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
yngwi ahah i conquer that is the way but i want something that can extentuate my current level know what im sayin brotha?

"23 go in to the end"
do you guys think if i get a podxtlive i should trade in my spider 3 75 for a louder amp with less effects since i got it sitting at my feet or what ?

"23 go in to the end"
I think you should trade in the spider 3 since it's trash.

If you're going to use a multi-effects processor, you might as well just run it through the PA. No need for the spider 3.

what sort of effects and stuff are you looking for anyway? i mean you basically just listed a ton of metal... in which case all you really need is a really nice distortion sound, and maybe a boost or slight delay/reverb.
i do play metal alot but every metal musician has there balads of course so i do need a nice clean sound, what im looking for i guess is the podXTlive but what amp do you suggest i run that threw?

"23 go in to the end"
Quote by TheChameleon
yngwi ahah i conquer that is the way but i want something that can extentuate my current level know what im sayin brotha?

No, you CONCUR, and "extentuate" is not a word.

Anyways, you could have all the gain in the world, pull a half assed pinch harmonic, and it'll still sound insane, but technique is really the best thing to work on. It'll give you incentive to get better, not just run to cover up your technique with pedals.

If you can't get enough gain with your spider, something's wrong. If anything, an od, like a Bad Monkey, with the level down, and the gain all the way up could help. You will need to stand further away from the amp though.

Run the Pod through the PA if you want or a nice clean amp, like a JC120, or and Ampeg.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
ahah i just took a serious beeting, i'm no speller or a grammer person theres no denying that. but i didnt even notice i put it as places, that was a mistype on my part i know that song well thank you very much tho for pointing that out to me :P

"23 go in to the end"
what i'd do, get the xt live, keep the spider as a practice amp for around the place, and get an amp that has a power amp in on the back of it and feed the amp from your xt live from there. that'll get you the best sound with very, very little tonal shaping. of course, the only knob that'll work on your amp will now be the volume
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
thanks. appreciate all the advice i've come to the conclusion that im gonna get the podXTlive and just hook it up to my spider 3 so i keep the settings but can now manipulate them with my feet while playing live! thanks guys!

"23 go in to the end"