Am I the only one who thinks Jamiroquai's bassist is awesome?

TBH, normally, I'm not into funk as much as rock, however, it is a good thing to try different stuff, and getting into slap bass etc.

But take nearly any Jamiroquai song and the bass lines are so kool. Sound good, hard to play, creative and funky!
Quote by mustardman
Granted, they're crap, but they're decent.
Quote by Parx
it is a good thing to try different stuff

+1000 points and you win the thread!

There's nothing worse than staying within small boundaries and not explore everything else around you.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
koooool *dr evil voice* I win the thread, I am number 1
Quote by mustardman
jamiroquai is great! just listen to the bassline of canned heat
dude Jamiroquai is one of my favorite groups out there. good on you. also check out sly and the family stone and Tower of Power.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Quote by Parx

No, many others do as well. Still it is good to hear of another person who has respect for funk, as there are many people who do not.
If you like Jamiroquai you should check out:
Sly and the Family Stone
Tower of Power
The Meters
Kool and the Gang

and also:

Rage Against the Machine
Primus

and all work by:
Bootsy Collins, George Duke, Stanley Clarke, Les Claypool, and Marcus Miller
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Im in love with the space cowboy album.

Such awesome bass! Apparently he had only been playing for two years before he done that album..wow
I own:
Fender Jazz 24 (5 string) Yay! =D
Behringer BXL3000A Nay =(
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

DnD nerd of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
i neva liked rage against the machine. not really in2 that kinda stuff.
Quote by mustardman
Canned Heat is an awesome some for bass - and just a gr8 song 2!
Some bass lines even harder perhaps are in Virtual insanity & Runaway (Jamiroquai)
Quote by mustardman
Quote by Parx

TBH, normally, I'm not into funk as much as rock, however, it is a good thing to try different stuff, and getting into slap bass etc.

But take nearly any Jamiroquai song and the bass lines are so kool. Sound good, hard to play, creative and funky!

que applehead

and yes their bass lines are awesome buddy!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by xolax
*waits for thefitz to find this thread*

???
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by xolax
*waits for thefitz to find this thread*

I think you mean Applehead. He's the Jamiroquai maniac around here.
Quote by Lendorav
I think you mean Applehead. He's the Jamiroquai maniac around here.

whoopsie I did mean Applehead
Quote by thefitz
???

sorry buddy
Stuart Zender, and Nick Fyfe are awesome bassists, Zender esp. Lyrical, funky, free, and not hidden behind Jay Kay's gargantuan ego... (well okay, it is his band, and it's got him this far, so fair play...) I'm just not so sure about this new guy.

Saw him on the BBC's Abbey Road Sessions do a while back, and it just wasn't the same! Seems a bit 'old man' to me. That's probably deeply unfair of me, but hey; he's yet to shack up with a blond airhead from a girl band a la Mr Zender. As far as I know.

As for other funk classics, try searching out the Fatback Band, or the Ohio Players.
I LOVE JAMIROQUAI!

holy crap, i didnt know that you guys liked them! ive been listening to them since i was 7... i love every single song and album and they are all amazing musicians.

and the bass is especially good.

every bassline is fun and poppy.
wow....name looks incredibly odd in caps with an excl. mark lol

they're good though, it's two bassists though
so they are talented
Quote by xolax
whoopsie I did mean Applehead

sorry buddy

Not a problem, but when people usually 'wait for me', they're expecting me to trash talk something. Hey, I don't like to disappoint, but I have absolutely nothing to say about these guys.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Not a problem, but when people usually 'wait for me', they're expecting me to trash talk something. Hey, I don't like to disappoint, but I have absolutely nothing to say about these guys.

No, I just mistook you for Applehead who raves about these guys . No offence meant .
It's great to see all the Jamiroquai love!

Has anyone heard Scam from Space Cowboy? Amazing song! It's got that kind of disco, movie like beginning, then goes into this really dirty bass line that just kicks ass. Then ends on this really nice outro. A friend heard me listening to the end and said it sounded like elevator music though :XD:

Shame that Jamiroquai are the only English band who do any funk.

Edit: Wow! Thanks, Beast Within, for recomending Meters. I just heard Cissy Strut. Amazing! One of those songs that I've heard but never knew
Last edited by Ockeroid at Jul 19, 2007,
Quote by xolax
No, I just mistook you for Applehead who raves about these guys . No offence meant .

Hmm... I wonder if Applehead will be offended that you confused him for me?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
Hmm... I wonder if Applehead will be offended that you confused him for me?

Don't be silly how could you not love thefitz?
oh yeah anyone seem them live? i saw them in toronto last year. last winter actually. we all pogo'ed to Deeper Underground... my legs basically gave out when we got back to our hotel.
It depends which Jamiriquai bassist you're talking about...Zender was great. I like his stuff on Lauryn Hill's solo album too.
Quote by DoctrDrew116
I love their music, but how do you pronounce Jamiroquai?

Jam-eer-oh-kwiy
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Stuart Zendor and Nick Fyffe. I haven't heard enough new stuff to comment on Paul Turner (I think it's him)
Quote by mustardman
Even though most people rave about Stuart Zender (for good reason, to be fair) I actually prefered Nick Fyffe's bass work, especially on the synkronized album (Where do we go from here, fantastic funk groove)

Nick gave a brief seminar at my university last year (LIPA), he seemed a really sound guy as well, pretty down to earth.

Having said that though, Deeper underground is proably one of my favourite alltime riffs, and I think that was Zender, right?