Hi guys,

Today I received my new toys, the DSL 100 amp and the 1960AV 4x12" cab (vintage speakers). This is really an improvement over my JCM 800 combo. For the combo I needed an EQ or an OD (see my sig) to get the sound I wanted (i.e. more gain). With this new set up I get a very nice sound without the pedals (and without the annoying feedback at higher volumes).

In my opnion the ultra gain channel is too muddy for me in lead 2 (with gain way up). In lead 1 I get a nice crunch. I still need to experiment for the right settings. My questions is: do I still need my EQ or OD pedals? If yes, should I place the eq afther the amp? Perhaps this is a matter of personal taste, but I do want your views.

Cheers.
well your overdrive pedal will work they way it supposed to soooooo
and an eq before or after
well are you trying to eq the signal from your guitar to the amp
or eq out from the amp
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
Well I;m assuming you play metal. I think I would keep the pedals because they are high quality, and you can sell them later if you need the money for other guitar stuff. Also you never know, you might decide you want to use those pedals to make your sound even better.
wow i basically have the same gear as you.
umm the ts9 is deff key but the eq im usin (boss ge-7) i havent figured out how to get the best sound out of it (either through effects loop or after over drive pedal)
mainly cuz the only time i crank my amp is at band practise or gigs and i dont like spendin time tweekin i just like to plug in and play.
But i'd be interested in what you find out

cheers
Guitars- Gibson SG Stanadard (stock)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Emg 81/85

Amp- Marshall Jcm 2000 DSL/1960 Lead Cab

Pedals- Boss TU-2, Ibanez TS-9, Boss NS-2, Line 6 DL-4, Boss Ph-3, Boss GE-7
pedals are always useful- EQ's are great for solo boosts, and the OD pedal can be used to get a different OD to what your amp gives out- try them out and see
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Adelaide
wow i basically have the same gear as you.
umm the ts9 is deff key but the eq im usin (boss ge-7) i havent figured out how to get the best sound out of it (either through effects loop or after over drive pedal)
mainly cuz the only time i crank my amp is at band practise or gigs and i dont like spendin time tweekin i just like to plug in and play.
But i'd be interested in what you find out

cheers

I also hate wasting time on the tweeking (God knows how much I wasted in the past). Are you using this set up: guitar>OD>EQ>AMP or guitar>OD>AMP>EQ>Cab?

Perhaps a stupid question, but an OD is always before the AMP, right?