ok ive played guitar for a couple of years and i love it to death, more than almost anything.... so the other day a kid said i bet you cant play and i play everyday for about four hours.... i asked him why and he said because your mixed so i was like what?? race doesnt matter im sure but just wanted to ask ug about this i know i should just ignore the kid but what do you think?
It doesn't matter, he's just a racist idiot.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
The kids a moron, definitely do not listen to him. Race has absolutely NOTHING to do with your finger articulation.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Are you kidding me? Tell him to look in the history books. Most of the music he listens to wouldn't be around without certain black musicians.
How old are you? Why would you need opinions on something as stupid as this... he is obviously an idiot...
Would you be half asian by any chance? I am half asian and I get that all the time. Just ignore people like that. Don't let it get to you?
Be cool.
thanks guys, im 15 and im like 75% white and 25% indian but i dont have any indian friends because they all think theyre gangster and stuff so they dislike me
as long as you have hands/fingers, or in some cases feet, then you can play.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
race doesnt matter, look at Hendrix?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P)

"Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all."
- Kurt Donald Cobain (R.I.P)
I'm 50/50 Native American/Caucasian and I can play the hell out of a guitar. Good move duffing the gangstas!
race definately doesnt matter man, as John Lennon said were all humans, no ones greater than the other
Quote by NOLA
thanks guys, im 15 and im like 75% white and 25% indian but i dont have any indian friends because they all think theyre gangster and stuff so they dislike me

"Brownsound" from Sum 41 can't half play. You ever seen that Metallica tribute thing they did? He surprised the hell out of me with his soloing.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
what does that have to do with people being rascist??
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
This dude sounds like a racist prick, why don't you stick it to him by shredding his face off or such other stick-it-in-his-face activities. We Indians may have a bad reputation as guitarists (search "India's fastest guitarist" on YouTube if you want) but we're probably a lot better than him
aha I like ^^ guys idea, just melt his face with some riffs man!!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
I wouldn't waste my time or dirty my hands on him. Not wishing it upon him but the gangsta's will take care of that. I know that I said some pretty stupid insensitive things when I was his age. Just pray for him and let him go on.
even if you wanted to shred his ass out of spite, you would still be in a way, contributing to racism. as you would be defending your race as a whole, rather than you as a person.
well, i think race does matter to some degree. look at asians! THEY ARE GOOD AT EVERYTHING!! just youtube that kid who taps on two guitars and plays like the chocobo song from final fantasy and stuff!!

in all seriousness, no, it all depends on your dedication
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
i disagree, jews have more articulate hands from all their money snatching!!!!!! hahah j/k. what a ****ing dumbass i cant believe that guy actually said "because your mixed", good god (trailer trash)
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
dude beat that kid up or something....seriously...

thats like the most ignorant statement ever
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
i like how you all jump on the fact it was a white guy that said it, from the initial post.

how do you knwo it wasnt a black guy?

Sorry i forgot, only white people are racist

eitherway, at the end of the day you're a penis. all guitarists are. we're united in one race, and that is the race of the mighty egotistical asshole. how good you are depends on how much you practice, not wether you're brown like chef;s chocolate salty balls, or white like a cockatoo in a horror film.
Ug's Stupidest Member of the Year - 2005
thanks you guys it was just really bothering me for some reason you all are great people i usually dont let these things get to me but somehow this did but thanks again guys
Challenge him to an axe battle(make sure you use the words axe battle only) and then when you meet him to axe battle bring a real axe.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
racist ****tard.. laugh at him and give him the date of one of ur gigs
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
you kidding me???? race is the most important thing in the world!!!

white people play death metal or screamo
black people wait till theyre 60 and play jazz in clubs
japs shred ibanezs and post it on youtube
all the other asians make the instruments for the above 3 groups

hahahahaha stereotypes are funny

and yeah im kidding, race means nothing. were all equals
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Well, I kinda take offense to the

"dude was a moron get used to it the whole middle of the US must be to re-elect Bush"

statement. I'm from Missouri, and I can't stand President Busch. (uh oh, a typo?)

Seriously, ignore his ass. If I was there I would have gladly beat his ass down, I'm prejudice against prejudice people (does that make me a hypocrite?). There's nothing worse than people that think less of people just because of where their family came from.

Now, stereotypes are funny, when used in a humorous fashion, such as red star's statement. Sometimes stereotypes are very true. For example, Hawaiians (of which, I am one) loving Spam. I haven't tried it, but I know my dad loves the stuff, as does his side of the family. Stereotype proven?

Seriously though, ignore him, people like that don't really ever amount to anything, at least, nothing to be proud of.

Look at it this way, come back to your home town in 20 years, and find out where he lives. It shouldn't be hard, if he's the kind of person I think he is, he'll probably be sitting in a double-wide, with 12 kids, a morbidly obese wife, and two Trans Am Superbirds, one on blocks for parts. Now, go knock on his door and give him $10,000 (keep in mind that from practicing for four hours a day you managed to get a great studio guitarist job, and get into a huge band that tours internationally, so it shouldn't be much money), then just smile and walk away.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by l1kel1ke
race does matter. Only humans can play and perhaps monkeys

Humans are actually a species, not a race. Sorry, just had to correct that; It's one of my pet peeves. That and people who spell et cetera as excetera.

And finally something relevant to the topic at hand: Race has no impact on your skill with the guitar. For that matter, neither does potential or talent. All that REALLY matters is your dedication and a desire to express your feelings.
Studies show that 89.27% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Quote by CustomCustom
dude was a moron get used to it the whole middle of the US must be to re-elect Bush

bush rules!

dont hate me, i dont care who you support just dont go dissing the other people that mindlessly.

but to TS race doesnt matter.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
mmmk, enough hate for today.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure