I think I'm the only one who wanted this (HP fans will shoot me down)

Page 1 of 2
I actually wanted JK Rowling to die before she finished the last book.

Why?

So that Potter fans will know the pain of every hitchhiker fan out there that had to stop at mostly harmless. Douglas Adams (A british writer that actually writes like a british writer. JK writes like an american) died before he could finish the last book. It was kind of put together and released as an biography thing (Don't quote me, I haven't read it it. I'm on the Dirk Gently series).

I kinda wanted them to know that, but with a much better book series, y'know?

Yeah, blam me...
Hitch-hiker's Guide > Harry Potter, hands down
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Peebo:
He is but..... v

"Dirk Gently (also known as Svlad Cjelli and Dirk Cjelli) is a fictional character created by Douglas Adams and featured in the books Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency and The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul."
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by Yakult
Hitch-hiker's Guide > Harry Potter, hands down

Hell yeah!

Quote by Dimebag22
Peebo:
He is but..... v

"Dirk Gently (also known as Svlad Cjelli and Dirk Cjelli) is a fictional character created by Douglas Adams and featured in the books Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency and The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul."

Really? neat.
Quote by Peebo
I thought Dirk Gently was just a user on UG.... am I stupid?

He's both.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Hitch Hiker is waaaay better than Harry Potter. I like Harry Potter, but the HHGTTG series are by far my favourite books ever.
Captain Underpants > Hicth Hiker > Harry Potter

[/Don't take that seriously]
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
well me personally, i wouldn't want her to die having waited over 8 years for the final book. i was never a die hard fan, but the books were always enjoyable, and since my interest in them have dramatically increased in the last week or so, her death without the production of the final book would upset me.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
That is the most ludicrous reasoning for wishing someone dead I think I have ever heard. Although I assume you're joking.

Anyway, I'm currently reading the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. It's great
You are a complete asshole. Simply put. First of all, you wish death on somebody simply because they wrote a book series you might not particularly like. Furthermore, you are wishing death on her so her "fans" will experience a bad feeling of not being able to finish reading the books. You are essentially wanting millions of people to be disappointed. Perhaps, because you felt the same feeling with the Hitchikers Guide series. You are completely selfish, and a heartless bastard. I am not a huge fan of the Harry Potter series, but I am glad Rowling has already finished the last book so pricks like you get no satisfaction.
In a way i agree
cause I want to keep my harry<3luna mentality....even though it's going to be ginny. <_< Stupid *****.

EDIT
i dont actualy want her to die cause theres fan fics for it so nvm
I don't even shred
They both suck

Unfortunately I HAVE to read the last book now...to know how it ends
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Hitchhikers is a good series, no doubt. I, however enjoy Harry Potter more.

And, in all honesty, you suck ass threadstarter. Even if I wasn't a Harry Potter fan, I would still be angry at you for saying that. And you're a Christian? You should never wish bad on another person.

Doing something like this is saying "I was John Bonham died so that he wouldn't get to record another album with Led Zeppelin, just because I'm angry that John Lennon died and the Beatles didn't get to make another album."

You see how stupid and pointless that is? One person dying is bad. Two people dying is worse.

"I wish John Lennon died, because my friend
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
You know the same thing almost happened to stephen kings gunslinger series. He got in an accident and almost died, but he survived, and he finished the series. The Gunslinger is like the greatest book series I've ever read. It whoops Harry potters ass.

EDIT: TS, you're a heartless jackass to wish for somebody to die
Last edited by zakatak9389 at Jul 16, 2007,
Quote by Nebjy
In a way i agree
cause I want to keep my harry<3luna mentality....even though it's going to be ginny. <_< Stupid *****.

EDIT
i dont actualy want her to die cause theres fan fics for it so nvm

Harry and Luna?!?

that thought did come across my mind in the 6th book, but i've been pro Hermione/Harry for the longest time.

the fact that Rowling decided to make the couples as Ginny/Harry and Ron/Hermione kind of let me down, but i think she did it because everyone was expecting a Harry/Hermione relationship. (even though Hermione does kiss harry on the cheek in the fourth book, i was so hopeful )
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Kankuro
^ +1

+2

I kind of thought the same thing after the sixth book sucked.
Spastic Ink
Quote by Waterboy799
Harry and Luna?!?

that thought did come across my mind in the 6th book, but i've been pro Hermione/Harry for the longest time.

the fact that Rowling decided to make the couples as Ginny/Harry and Ron/Hermione kind of let me down, but i think she did it because everyone was expecting a Harry/Hermione relationship. (even though Hermione does kiss harry on the cheek in the fourth book, i was so hopeful )

I like the Luna/Harry idea, it slipped into my thoughts when I saw it.

I'd be all for it.
Quote by Amalgam
I like the Luna/Harry idea, it slipped into my thoughts when I saw it.

I'd be all for it.

so would i actually, Luna's better than Ginny. the thought came to my mind after seeing the order of the phoenix movie. then i read half blood prince and the thought was better embedded into my mind.

but after all these years, i'm still rooting for the Harry/Hermione match no matter how unlikely it is.
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by TheAmishOne
You are a complete asshole. Simply put. First of all, you wish death on somebody simply because they wrote a book series you might not particularly like. Furthermore, you are wishing death on her so her "fans" will experience a bad feeling of not being able to finish reading the books. You are essentially wanting millions of people to be disappointed. Perhaps, because you felt the same feeling with the Hitchikers Guide series. You are completely selfish, and a heartless bastard. I am not a huge fan of the Harry Potter series, but I am glad Rowling has already finished the last book so pricks like you get no satisfaction.

ouch dude. that hurts. Seriously, who's the asshole here?

I think I may have misspoke. If she were to die before deathly hallows was finished, I wouldn't necessarily dance in the streets and have tupperware parties (or whatever the hell one does in the revolution aftermath). I'm just saying, I'd have a good laugh, pat the potter fan on the back and say "Welcome to the club. Hats are in the gift shop."

/\Somebody better sig that/\

and I did read the first 4 books, and half of the 5th. I was tired of the depressing...ness. Plus, I read through the 4th book as soon as it came out, so when I picked up the 5th one, I kept reading over names I didn't recognize, and didn't feel like playing catch up. it was about this time that I saw the new hitchhiker movie, and wanted to read the books. End of story.
Quote by Amalgam
Hitchhikers is a good series, no doubt. I, however enjoy Harry Potter more.

And, in all honesty, you suck ass threadstarter. Even if I wasn't a Harry Potter fan, I would still be angry at you for saying that. And you're a Christian? You should never wish bad on another person.

Doing something like this is saying "I was John Bonham died so that he wouldn't get to record another album with Led Zeppelin, just because I'm angry that John Lennon died and the Beatles didn't get to make another album."

Well it's a good thing I'm not a zeppelin fan...

and c'mon, like you never wanted someone...not dead per se, but just not there anymore...like in minnesota.

To all minnesotans: You guys are actaully alright. I know one of your kind. She's cool.
Quote by horatiogates

I think I may have misspoke. If she were to die before deathly hallows was finished, I wouldn't necessarily dance in the streets and have tupperware parties (or whatever the hell one does in the revolution aftermath). I'm just saying, I'd have a good laugh, pat the potter fan on the back and say "Welcome to the club. Hats are in the gift shop."

and I did read the first 4 books, and half of the 5th. I was tired of the depressing...ness. Plus, I read through the 4th book as soon as it came out, so when I picked up the 5th one, I kept reading over names I didn't recognize, and didn't feel like playing catch up. it was about this time that I saw the new hitchhiker movie, and wanted to read the books. End of story.

i was never a die hard fan as i said, but i still enjoyed the books. i never understood every single name and every single detail that was written, but i still knew what the basis of the story was. you shouldn't wish death on someone just because the books didn't become enjoyable to you anymore.
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Go back to the very first post. I didn't want her dead cuz the books sucked. They were good, and a fun leisurely read. But so was HHGTTG.

and people in HH flew without the aid of cleaning equipment. think about it.
hitchhikers guide is one of the best god-damn books on the planet, and the movie is also a masterpiece
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Idk, I want harry to die though. In the most grisly way imaginable, like it turns out he's a jew and Voldemort is really hitler.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by horatiogates
Well it's a good thing I'm not a zeppelin fan...

and c'mon, like you never wanted someone...not dead per se, but just not there anymore...like in minnesota.

To all minnesotans: You guys are actaully alright. I know one of your kind. She's cool.

The only people I would ever want to wish death upon people who start genocides and wars. And, of course, Rosie O' Donnell. But she fits in there too.
I agree honestly.

Hitchhikers guide does pwn Harry in every way.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
It wouldn't matter if she died now or not. the book is coming out in a week, so it's probably finished and printing right now.
Moser Custom Shop 5-string Scimitar
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
man wishing death upon someone for releasing a book, you are one sad sad person. You know that not having the final book would have broken the hearts of millions of little children across the world....

GTFO MY INTERNETS
Quote by horatiogates

Okay, perhaps I was a bit harsh. In all honesty, however, what you said was completely selfish. Wanting other people to know what you felt. Thats like saying because my parents divorced, I want everyone elses parents to divorce. It's just terrible to wish something like that upon anyone. You get what I'm pointing at. Perhaps I was incredibly rude in my first post, but what you said was completely idiotic.

Since it has already been stated...

I don't wish death on anyone, but the next book does come out in like 4-5 days, so her dying wouldn't have any effect on the books now.
Quote by wizards?
is anyone else in here actually excited for the 7th to come out 'cuz I'm a little bit excited

Yes, I am!

Goin' at midnight!

/does not dress up.
Quote by horatiogates
Go back to the very first post. I didn't want her dead cuz the books sucked. They were good, and a fun leisurely read. But so was HHGTTG.

and people in HH flew without the aid of cleaning equipment. think about it.

ok, so because you found a book who's author died, you simply want another author to die just so harry potter fans can feel bad about not having the story completed. that's rather preposterous if you ask me.

Quote by highvoltage66
i think if she kills him in the book some overly obsessed HP fan will come to her house and shoot her

it's likely Harry will die, but i would agree with your theory
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Page 1 of 2