Well like I'm sure is the case for many of us on here, I unfortunately suffer from acne

I was just wondering really if anyone knew what diet changes I could make to help beat it somewhat, ie what foods should I stay away from etc. etc.

any ideas?
drink a lot of water, stay away from sugar and junk food. Wash your face regularly and try using pro-activ.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I think I have read somewhere that your diet is not a major factor in the severity of your acne.
667 The neighbor of the beast

Yamaha APX-8S
Quote by chickenwing1
I think I have read somewhere that your diet is not a major factor in the severity of your acne.

+1

it's mainly your genes, the climate/condition of the area you live in, and lastly, your diet. (in that order, I believe)

EDIT:

The main thing you SHOULD change, is the amount of sugar you take in, and fat calories. Don't drink soda for 2 weeks, and you'll notice a huge difference... also, don't eat fast food, or fast food-like meals... (fries, ham burgers, fried food in general)
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
Last edited by Johl at Jul 16, 2007,
They say you should always consult a doctor before changing your diet. Plus they will know exactly what kind of diet you need, so that's your best bet :]
Don't eat processed food, junk food, or fast food. Drink lots of water and eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
rub some icy hot on it.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Quote by matt bickerton
Well like I'm sure is the case for many of us on here, I unfortunately suffer from acne

I was just wondering really if anyone knew what diet changes I could make to help beat it somewhat, ie what foods should I stay away from etc. etc.

any ideas?

Minocycline 100mg tablets from your GP.
I take 'em and they work a treat. My acne hasn't gone, I still have spots, but they aren't ****ing massive craters that scar.
Try them, ask your doctor/GP
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by vlp_dope
rub some icy hot on it.

uh.... i don't think that works
member of The Yes Club
member of the Ten Years After Club
member of the Allman Brothers Club
member of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club
PM deadhead313313

member of the Queen Fanclub!
PM Hanzi_G
it really depends, proactiv never worked for me, neither did a whole bunch of "cures" that worked for other people. Everybodies body is different, believe it or not.
An interview with Kerry King:
"How do you feel about Slayer being recently voted by MTV as one of the top 10 heavy metal bands of all time?

I think that's awesome, I'm not a big fan of MTV and I think they suck but that's cool."