I'm currently playing the gear in my sig,I've sorted out a few options but i'm also completely open to suggestions!

I play rock music essentially,Mostly overdriven with a few clean breakdowns thrown in (www.bebo.com/the-cubists <--There's proffesionally recorded stuff there to listen to what i play)

laney VC-30 (New - 530 Euro) I've heard they have great cleans and second channel is good,I have my ME-50 with a nice overdrive tone already that i can use if i need to.
I like the security of having 2 speakers for cutting through purposes too.

DSL401(Used - 550 Euro) - Average cleans but apparently a great second channel,Would be getting it relativly new(less than a year old,In good condition)

Hot Rod Deluxe - (650-700 Euro new(hard to find used)) Apparently fantastic cleans but 'sucky' drive channels.

So what do you think? Suggestions,points anything!
Thanks a million in advance.
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
The Laney would be good, but I'd say get a Tubescreamer as well to push the amp into overdrive, rather than use the OD on the Boss.

The DSL is great, I've got one and it's awesome for rock, metal.

The cleans are great, but the overdrive is a different kind on Fenders. I haven't tried that specific one, but I know they aren't really geared for metal.

Great music btw.
Last edited by blue_strat at Jul 16, 2007,
Well i wouldn't be playing anything close to metal really,I think it's between the Laney and the DSL really,So which one? :p

EDIT:Also Whats the difference between the Laney LC's and the Laney VC's ?

Thanks a million btw!
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
Last edited by CommanderCool6 at Jul 16, 2007,
I've been told that the LCs are closer to metal, but I haven't tried one.

Out of those two I'd say the DSL, but then I'm biased. Have you tried them out in a shop at all?
Haven't been able to try them out at shops yet,The VC-30 is online so i'm gonna have to try to find a shop that has it,try it out and if its cheaper online get it online,
And the marshall is about a 4-5 hour drive away so it's try-able.

Right now i'm leaving towards the VC to be honest.

The Cubists
And the marshall is about a 4-5 hour drive away so it's try-able.

There isn't one in a shop closer to home?

It's your prerogative which one you choose. The VC is also a great amp.
Nope

The Cubists
Nope
The only three there that have musical instruments are:

-Opus 2(acoustic guitars violins and lots of books)
-Modern music(Epiphones,Solid state fenders,ONE valve amp hot rod deville and some acoustics
-Back to music(lots of 'Vintage' les paul knock offs and solid state marshalls

The Cubists
Ok, then.

The DSL more gain on it than the VC, so it could be better for you. But really, either of them would be miles better than the MG . For gigs, I'd say the DSL though. It has a bit more power, more gain etc.
the VC is much more vintage and British-ly voiced- many think it to sound generally "better" than the LC which is more modern

edit: ^^ what?? the Laney VC and Marshall DSL are MUCH better than the crappy MG series
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Jul 16, 2007,
I'd like my cleans to be Vox-E so i presume the vc would be better for that?

The Cubists
Yeah. The Marshall's cleans aren't as good as a Fender's or Peavey Classic's, the Laney's are probably better.
Last edited by blue_strat at Jul 16, 2007,