I'm pretty close to buying a Fender Blues Junior, but I'm a little concerned about the volume, since its a pretty small amp. I need something loud enough for my school's auditorium (somewhat small, seats about 700-800). Would the Jr. be able to handle something like that? I'm also considering the Hot Rod Deluxe and the Blues Deluxe. Any information from owners of these amps would be great.
well i dont have much experience with it, but i would assume that it could fill the audotorium so long as the aud. has fairly good accustics
15 watt amp is probably not big enough for an auditorium. Then again, I have never played one in an auditorium so...
ive played my friends Blues deluxe which is a 40watt and that thing is stinkin loud at only half volume, so if you were to crank it im sure you could pull it off, although knowing how loud it is at about half volume it may be able to do it at half volume, you can get some awesome tones out of it too :p
It's tube, It will have enough power. In my school aud. (about same size) even a small solid state amo can be pretty loud, or at least loud enough for the show.
not unless there is a speaker extension thing...you can always just mic it up
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
you can plug in an extension cab as long as it's 8ohm's, you just have to unplug the internal speaker
Member #4 of The Fulltone Users League
Member #68 of the EHX Users Guild

You Would
the blues deluxe is plenty loud enough, i played mine for an auditorium of 1200 and it was loud enough at like 4 or 5
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
When mine is at 3, it shakes the glass shower door in the bathroom which is right next to my room. At 12 it can be heard from a few blocks away, according to some friends who showed up while me and a friend were jamming at his house.

Edit: Also, you could mic it up.
Rig:
PRS SE semi hollow (blue)
mexican fat strat
Ovation MOB
LTD hybrid 300
Fender Blues Junior
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD 20 and DS1
my 15w Blues Jr. is louder than my 40watt Marshall DSL401.

that explains it. it IS loud enough.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
ur people have pussy ears. 15w spiderII is nothing.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
If the acoustics are good, it should pick up to some degree, and you can always mic it.
thats ridiculous. what kind of ****ty PA system did u have?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by guitaruboy
well it was louder than the vocal mikes

Are you kidding? The 30 watt can't even keep up with drums.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by TheforumTroll
When mine is at 3, it shakes the glass shower door in the bathroom which is right next to my room. At 12 it can be heard from a few blocks away, according to some friends who showed up while me and a friend were jamming at his house.

Edit: Also, you could mic it up.

just to clarify-which amp was that?
Quote by abcdboy
Are you kidding? The 30 watt can't even keep up with drums.

hey
i'm not entirely sure how
but it was plenty loud
the drummer can hear everything (he also doesn't mutilate the drum heads with each note)
My VOX AD15VT filled my school's auditorium quite nicely with the master volume only on 5. Blues Juniors are 15 tube watts, making it much louder.
I own one and it should be loud enough, its almost as loud as my friends 100w frontman 212 and imretty sure u can also plug it into a cab if u unplug the internal speaker
Well, it depends on if you will be playing like clean stuff, or overdriven. If it is overdriven then hell yeah it can get way loud!

However, if it was clean, I don't know how loud you could get it...
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll be heading to a couple guitar shops tomorrow. I've pretty much decided on the blues jr., unless I can find either of the deluxes for a little cheaper...my budget's a tad limited. I'll post the outcome tomorrow.