So which do you guys think is better? The Jackson Star RR-J2SP? Or the RR24? Both made from Alder bodies, maple necks, ebony fretboard, neck-thru, and 24 frets. Which one plays better? Hell, where can one order an RR-J2SP?! Prices? Each time I find one, it's in Yen. I'm stuck between the two...
I'd take the Stars..
The inlays look better for me.
And if you're after that Laiho tone, a passie EMG + A gain boost is the way to go.
And the Stars looks almost exactly like Alexi's Custom Jackson, minus the WildChild sticker.
But that's the thing though. I wanna try before I buy. I've been trying to find the specs on the neck, but I can't.
anyone know how I can buy a Jackson Stars if I live in the USA?

I've been wanting to get one and I know it's possible. I know one place is this website ishibashi or somthing but it's in Japanese?
Quote by The 1
anyone know how I can buy a Jackson Stars if I live in the USA?

I've been wanting to get one and I know it's possible. I know one place is this website ishibashi or somthing but it's in Japanese?

Haha. That's what I'm trying to figure out.
To TS, if the specs on both guitars are similar why not just buy the guitar thats readily available.
the star has gold hardware and MOP inlays while the RR24 has MOTO inlays and I don't like the look of the Jackson logo on the RR24.

The playability and sound would probably be similar if not the same but the star looks much better IMO.
The Star is top-notch Jackson quality. There is a guy on these boards with one, he had to order it from over-seas, but is very very VERY happy with it. It just comes down to this: Do you like Jacksons better made in the US or in Japan?
High as tits
I haven't played a Jackson Stars. Anyone know the nut widths and the neck widths on both guitars? That would be very helpful. Also, any sites where you can order them where it tells you the price in $ would be more than helpful.

Also, anyone know exactly what the EMG-PA Pre-Amp thing does?
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
The Star is top-notch Jackson quality. There is a guy on these boards with one, he had to order it from over-seas, but is very very VERY happy with it. It just comes down to this: Do you like Jacksons better made in the US or in Japan?

The RR24 is Japanese-made as well.
So, does anyone know how much a Jackson Stars would cost with currency conversion and shipping? And where can I order one? I'm really interested.

And sorry to resurrect the thread, but I didn't want to make a new one as the OP here had the same inquiry.
Quote by fixationdarknes
So, does anyone know how much a Jackson Stars would cost with currency conversion and shipping? And where can I order one? I'm really interested.

And sorry to resurrect the thread, but I didn't want to make a new one as the OP here had the same inquiry.

No problem about resurrecting an old thread. Hell, I'm sure a lot of people would have been like "Wtf mate? use the search button!" if you did make a new thread.

Anyways...I checked and a new RR-J2SP is around...$1,600 if I remember right. I changed my mind so many times. I actually settled on a RR-J2E, it's the same thing but with two EMG-81's, which I liked more. But I think I'm going to say screw the two extra frets and just get a used Jackson Rhoads Pro. Same stuff except $800 and used. Besides, the Pro series is probably one of the best lines Jackson has ever had.
Holy old thread batman!!!

I thought Jackson quit making the stars???
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ