Hey guys,
Me and a couple of guys are JUST STARTING a serious band together, we've been like bull**** jamming alot over the year, but now we're really starting fresh and putting together a serious band. All the other members (two guitarist) are highly above normal and all of them know theory, except yours truely. I've been playing bass for just about 2 years and I believe I am an adequate player. However, I've never truelly known theory...I know enough to get by but I really need to learn some hardcore Theory (bass) if im going to be able to play some kickass bass riffs for our songs...and thats were I turn to the get players of UG, WHAT WOULD BE A VERY GOOD BEGINNER/INTERMEDIATE THEORY BOOK..preferably ON BASS.
Any constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated.
~Thanks
IF YOU CANT BEAT UM, JOIN UM....and THEN WHEN THEY ARE ALL COZZY, BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF THEM AND TELL EVERYONE YOU DID IT RESPECTFULLY
Fretboard Alchemy. Applehead I think put me onto it and it has your basic Ionian, Dorian stuff, but also has the melodic and harmonic scales. In addition to having this for 4-6 string bass, it also has some pretty funky fingerings to try out. If you know some BASIC stuff i.e. Major, Minor, you should be fine.
Serious Electric Bass by Joel Di'Bartolo

Has pretty much everything you'd need.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
the idiot's guide to bass playing helps alot, very well written with standard theory
helps intermediate/advanced as much as beginners, and you sound like a beginner theorist so...yeah
There's no such thing as 'bass theory' or 'piano theory'; all musical theory is universal just different in its applications, you'd be better off learning theory and then learning how to apply it to your bass. That way you can interact with other instruments much better when you know what you want them to play.
The books to get are the AB guide to music theory part 1 and 2, by Eric Taylor, that's everything you need for pretty much a fully comprehensive knowledge of theory.
Also worth getting is the question books that accompany it, these explain each grade in depth and allow you to work through theory grade by grade.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
The best theory books:

Mark Levine : The Jazz Theory Book
Mark Levine : The Jazz Piano Book
Ray Brown : Bass Method Book
The jazz student