I know their have probably been tons of threads like this, but their hasnt since I got here and I was just wondering, What new bands do you listen too. If you happen to listen to Black Eyed Peas, that's not what I mean. I mean actuall bands that would fit in back in the 60's and 70's

My favorites are Blind Melon, Gov't Mule, Dave Matthews Band, and Blind Melon
probably Buckcherry thy have kinda a classic sound
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
I've actually been looking for a good modern "classic rock" sound...but so far, it hasnt happened. If anybody has anything really worth checking out, I'd love to hear it...nothing lights up a party more than a good classic rock mix. Other than maybe hip hop. And ONLY if theres a lot of hot girls in mini skirts.
My Gear
Washburn EA20SDL
Crate GT1200H
Custom Strat: New fretboard / jumbo frets. EMG 81 replacing original humbucker.

Myspace?
Quote by -heartbreaker-

NOBODY SAY WOLFMOTHER!!!

you beat me to it

would the Black Crowes count as new?

i know 17 years since their debut is quite a while, but they play really CR-ish style, and i guess 1990 is not in the normal CR period
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
The Black Keys. Anyone who likes blues rock should check them out. Absolutely brilliant band.

The Shins' sound is sort Beach Boys meets the Zombies meets modern indie music. Pretty decent stuff.
"Rock music is important to people because... it allows you...not to run away
from the problems that are there, but to face up to them, but at
the same time to sort of dance all over them.
That's what rock 'n' roll's about."
--Pete Townshend