ok, let me tell you my requirement.
I need a good heavy distortion(for metal and hard rock) , A GOOD WAH and low noise level..i dont care much about effect/modulations, just something with good tone.

I have been looking at the Zoom G2.1u, how does it compare to the Digitech RP's of the same range.

and are there any alternative to these in the price range
If that's all you need, you're better off just getting a distortion and a wah pedal. for a bit more, you could order a MI audio Crunch box and a morley wah.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
why no pedal selections? a digital distortion and a digital wah arent going to be all that good. in fact, the weak point of most processors is their distortions, overdrives, and fuzzes. so if you are mainly buying a processor for a distortion, well, dont.

i mean most people buy processors to get a feel for all the modulation effects and stuff, or have a bunch at their feet. if thats not what you want, then i really wouldnt suggest a processor of any kind. and if you do want a processor, dont cheap out cause the low priced ones arent very good. they dont give good sound quality and you will grow out of it fast.
TS, you asked for alternatives, and I gave them to you. You'll get far better tone out of an analog stompbox than a processor, unless you're after massive gain.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

i know pedals would sound better but they dont come within by budget range(distortion+reverb+wah+chorus...)

and i plan on using more than one amp modeling
also i would need some kind of cabinet modeling cause usually here we give the line-out directly to the mixer and we dont usually get good sound setups.

@Reincaster...
I ment an alternative processor......
ok, let me tell you my requirement.
I need a good heavy distortion(for metal and hard rock) , A GOOD WAH and low noise level..i dont care much about effect/modulations, just something with good tone.

Now there's where you went wrong. You didn't say reverb, you didn't say chorus, you didn't say amp and cabinet modeling, you even said you didn't care about effects/modulations, which modeling, reverb, and wah fall under. All you said was distortion and wah. And I gave you pedals that would land just out side your budget. you could always cheap out and get a crybaby or whatever, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Last edited by Reincaster at Jul 17, 2007,
ok...sorry for all the misunderstandings, let me rephrase my query

I am looking for a processor in the 150-170 USD range

What i am looking for mainly in the Processor is a high gain distortion, a good wah(highest priority). I need the chorus/modulation cabinet modeling etc, but i am not going to make a decision based on the quality of these effects.

Hope i am making myself clear....
Quote by Reincaster
Now there's where you went wrong. You didn't say reverb, you didn't say chorus, you didn't say amp and cabinet modeling, you even said you didn't care about effects/modulations, which modeling, reverb, and wah fall under. All you said was distortion and wah. And I gave you pedals that would land just out side your budget. you could always cheap out and get a crybaby or whatever, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I said i didn't care MUCH about effects
Anyway i was talking about processors and most of them have those effects i was just sayiing that the quality of the effects is not top priority for me...
Thats the thing, your not going to get a quality wah with a processor, well with your budget at least.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Let me rephrase again
the processor with the best wah in the price range..
I should really start keeping a log of how many time's I've said this:

Don't buy a Zoom.

Maybe a Digitech GNX would suit you.
lol , this started getting funny at the 6th post now its just lame , dude dont get a zoom , im with dude above me (^ hehe ) digitech has some really nice stuff. Digitech GNX
Gibson SG spesial

Marshall 1987X MKII Head
Genz Benz El diablo 100 Head
Genz Benz Gflex 212 cab.

Korg AX1500G multi effects pedal
definitetly don't go for zoom and most certainly don't go for the gnx series. save up for a korg ax1500g..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

ok ..so i'll just wait a few more years till i have a job and can afford a gnx or a gt8. Till then i can play clean thru 400 watt computer speaker that i use as amp..
It doesn't compare in terms of control to the GT8 at all, but the digitech rp250 is, i think, in your price range and does everything you wanted.
If you want a big MFX, Deffinitely don't get a zoom. IMO they aren't the best sounding processors. the Boss GT-8 is the holy grail, but its expensive.

The digitech is cheap, has really nice distortion models and is dead easy to use. It has a decent noise gate and effects aren't noisy themselves. The wahs on of offer are pretty good sounding and the amp/cab sims are on par with amplitube 2(which IMO are pretty damn good). You get a really nice whammy effect inbuilt as well as a step filter, a yaya effect and it has some of the best reverbs and choruses in any price range.

Its of course not as customizable as the GT-8 or the big boys, but it sounds just as good and is damn cheap.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
heres a good idea.....screw the fx pedals.....get a real amp
Epiphone les paul
Ibanez bass
Hohner classical

AMPS
Line 6 hd 75 head
Marshal 4x12
Crate 120w combo

light the match.....start the fire
Quote by DagMX
It doesn't compare in terms of control to the GT8 at all, but the digitech rp250 is, i think, in your price range and does everything you wanted.
If you want a big MFX, Deffinitely don't get a zoom. IMO they aren't the best sounding processors. the Boss GT-8 is the holy grail, but its expensive.

The digitech is cheap, has really nice distortion models and is dead easy to use. It has a decent noise gate and effects aren't noisy themselves. The wahs on of offer are pretty good sounding and the amp/cab sims are on par with amplitube 2(which IMO are pretty damn good). You get a really nice whammy effect inbuilt as well as a step filter, a yaya effect and it has some of the best reverbs and choruses in any price range.

Its of course not as customizable as the GT-8 or the big boys, but it sounds just as good and is damn cheap.

thanks for the info dude...really just what i was searching
boss me-50 is good, a stripped down version of the gt-8
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
I think the dude just wants a distortion and wah and he's obviously new to the game. Don't bother with a GT-8.