hey i need the oppinons of my fellow UG users.... i am considering trading my current amp, a laney lv100y for a Peavey 5150 head that i saw on this local forum in the philippines. this is the 5150 that i'm considering:

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php?topic=52856.new;topicseen#new

my question is what cab should i go with? the 5150 that i am trading my laney (plus cash) for comes with a 4x12 crate cab but i am considering changing it for one of these cabs:

http://www.jbmusic.com.ph/product.php?sessid=&sid=26&pid=510

or a Peavey 5150 Slant cab or a Peavey Classic 412ES

those are my options so far and i just wanted everyones opinions on what cab to go with. sorry if this is a bit confusing but everyones opinions would be well appreciated.
the laney cab is sweeet
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
That's a pretty sweet looking 5150, some say the block logo is better than the script logo but I never tried the script to compare. Be sure to have some kind of noise suppressor or noise gate when using the 5150. As far as the cab goes, ya can't go wrong with vintage 30s! I got a 5150 & I use it with a Mesa recto cab with vintage30s. Mesa cabs are great but they're expensive so if the Laney cab is loaded with vintage30s and is cheaper than the price of Mesa recto cab I'd say get it. But always try before ya buy if you can, cuz you can listen to all these peoples opinions but in the end you're the one who's paying for it & what sounds good to one guitarist sounds like **** to another
haha your right but i also value the opinions of my peers when it comes to what gear i should get. the laney i found that has celestion vintage 30's costs 39000 philippine pesos, which make its around 900 dollars.
I'd go for the Laney cab, Vintage 30s are awesome speakers. I'm not sure if Avatar ships to the Philippines, but you might want to look into those also if they do, they're generally cheaper than any other cabs.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by andreneth
haha your right but i also value the opinions of my peers when it comes to what gear i should get. the laney i found that has celestion vintage 30's costs 39000 philippine pesos, which make its around 900 dollars.

Damn, that's about same price as a Mesa recto cab!
Avatar doesn't ship outside of the 48 states. However, the guys at Vader cabs are usually very nice about shipping outside the 48, and will at least give quotes about it.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
ok ill check out vader then... but how expensive are they? because if the price becomes dramatically higher after shipping then i'll have to go with cabs that i can find here already
well, the 2x12 is like, $350 or something and they would ship to Guam (where I live) for about $80. I'm pretty sure it'll cost a bit more for the PI (taxes), even though we're just a few hours away. They do come with nice eminence legends, and are much sturdier than avatars, IMO.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
ok so i've narrowed my choices down to either a Peavey 5150 Slant cab or the Laney TT412A cab to go with the 5150... any opinions?
the peavey 5150 cabs aren't really for metal (i assume you play metal seeing as you're geting a 5150) they're much too middy imo.
See if you can get vadar- they are relatively cheap
How much do you have?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
the peavey 5150 cabs aren't really for metal (i assume you play metal seeing as you're geting a 5150) they're much too middy imo.
See if you can get vadar- they are relatively cheap
How much do you have?

well im getting the 5150 second hand (im trading my current amp + some cash if the guy agrees) and i might have enough to order a vader cab. i already emailed them. The 5150 however does come with a crate cab which i know nothing about because on the forum where i found it, not much info is posted about the cab except that its a "4x12 crate cab loaded with celestion speakers". should i go for that cab? i posted the link to the forum above.

and also i dont just play metal, i also play some punk.