About the B-52 AT-112 (or AT-212)... If anyone has one, can you post sound clips please?? I'm not sure if I should buy it or not and there are no dealers near.... I'd have to get it shipped so I won't be able to try it out!

Or if you know a link to a sound clip it'd be cool....

( Clean and distorted tones please if possible... )
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
These were posted by ExplorerFreak in another thread:

Quote by ExplorerFreak
The Myspace recording is done entirely with the B-52 but the live obviously has my other guitarists Crate GT1200H (hehe...), but I think you can differentiate between the parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_iGXAlqhQ8
http://www.myspace.com/thelegacyofstl

There's also this page with a guy making his B52 sound like a mesa...doesn't really showcase the true tone of it because he's just emulating mesa: http://enamelband.com/temporary/B52vsMESA/

I would post some clips but I have no way to record
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
^ Heh... but you have it?? Does it play good?? I see you like Opeth so you probably like Metal and all

I'd be using it with an Ibanez RG with EMGs... the tone's good???

Do you use an overdrive pedal with it or the amp's sound is really nice??

---EDIT---
Thanks for the links by the way!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance

ya I 'm thinking about buying a mesa single rectifier head or a whole B-52 halfstack. head costs more then the whole stack but you cab get them to sound the same so I don't know. I'm leaning towards mesa because it's got a rumble to it
Yeah I have the 212 and really like it. Opeth is awesome, I like a lot of other metal as well (Ensiferum, Sonata Arctica, Dark Tranquility, Wintersun, etc). I'm using EMG 81/85 through my Les Paul and they sound great, even the cleans are pretty decent. I don't have an OD at the moment but I'm looking into getting a Bad Monkey. I still think it sounds great without an OD but I've heard it can be even better with one, so I'm hoping to try one out in the next day or two at Guitar Center.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
The at100 head is what I own and it sounds good. It has decent cleans with tons of headroom, easy to dial in pretty much any type of distortion you would need. The reverb on them isnt that good (at least mine) but its a simple fix with a pedal. I hear the b52 at cab isnt that good of a match with the head so id recomend instead of getting a halfstack to get a different cab, like a nicer 2x12 with decent speakers.

Also, it does not need a overdrive pedal to have the gain you need really, its got tons.
im deciding right now if I think the mesa single rec is worth the money because I only have enough for the head 900 CND but then my buddy is selling a B-52 stack with fender 412 cab for 700 CND so I don't know if I should spend my money on the mesa and wait and save up for a cab or get the B-52 and just play. im not sure, I can only test the B-52 out and not the mesa but they are similar just don't know if it's worth the extra money
Quote by hurlyz
^ Heh... but you have it?? Does it play good?? I see you like Opeth so you probably like Metal and all

I'd be using it with an Ibanez RG with EMGs... the tone's good???

Do you use an overdrive pedal with it or the amp's sound is really nice??

---EDIT---
Thanks for the links by the way!

'Hey hurlyz good to see ya out of musician talk lol

And od pedal is useful for any amp because it does more than just boost ro add gain,. I tightens the sound for a better attack if used correctly at low settings.

If you get the at, test it out extensively to make sure everything runs right and if it doesnt return it back
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I love my B-52, and I would record for you but I don't have anything to record with besides my webcam. This does not suffice at all. I do use a bad monkey overdrive with it since I can't really crank the amp. Thin walls and pesky neighbours....
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Op3th
Ensiferum, Sonata Arctica, Dark Tranquility, Wintersun, etc
Haha nice.... Melodeath ftw!

Quote by Resiliance

http://gsr2k6.dmusic.com/

Theres something i came up with. Its all with heavy distortion because i was just fooling around and rememberd this thread lol. Its a very crappy mic, from a camcorder, and its all just really basic power chord things seeing i dont know any songs yet in the tuning, was just testin it out. Settings are treble :7 mids : 5 bass 6 with contour on gain 2 at 4 with the gain on 7.

Again, nothing special :P dont diss my playing to badly for a stupid improv.

EDIT:Also, the amp wasnt loud at all, so thats why you hear my guitar when i strum hard.
B52's are not Mesas and don't sound all that much like a Mesa. Whether or not you like the sound is personal preference, but don't make the mistake of thinking you are getting a "poor man's Mesa."