So I'm getting a guitar kit online; it's built like a Paul Reed. It comes with two "standard" humbucker pickups, but I wanted to replace the neckside pickup with a soapbar/P90 style pickup. I've replaced pickups on my guitars a couple of times (lit. twice), so I know I'll need dimensions of the cavity, but I just wanted to get a general opinion on whether it would work or not, because it looks like P-90s are a little longer and slimmer than humbuckers.

Link to guitar kit:

Scroll down to HT-10 PR style
Moved.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
you can get humbucker-sized p90's. might be worth looking into.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you can get humbucker-sized p90's. might be worth looking into.

Yeah, I know Gibson makes a P-90 in a humbucker casing.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

You should just buy a PRS Soapbar II SE. But that's just my opinion.

Gibson humbucker-sized soapbars are called P-94s. Seymour Duncan makes Phat Cats, which are the same idea. Rio Grande makes some decent humbucker-sized soapbars as well. But nothing sounds as good as the original, IMO. You need the huge single coil pickup to get that biting, raunchy tone.
Hi, I'm Peter
Guitar Fetish makes some also if you are strapped for cashola .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.