Well, I wasn't sure on if this should be in the Electric Guitar forum or the Theory board, but I'll take my chances with the Electirc guitar forum.

I've been observing dime's old playing styles, one of the main thing I noticed that he really , really, really, based himself of the pentatonic scales like crazy. I was just wondering if anyone else has any input on what he would like to do, solo's wise.

Dime was a major fan of this sort of lick, I noticed that a lot of the time he'd work inside the pentatonic box and work his way up to a certain lick, then repeat the lick a few times with a few minor changes. I also picked off that he would like to bend up to the note he wanted to end on.

Example:

He wants to end on the 7th fret, 3rd string. He would usually end by bending on the 5th fret on the 3rd string, to make the lick/run sound longer and fuller.

(I winged this just for a small demonstration):

E E Q S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S
E||---------------5---------5-----|----------------------------------|
B||-----5--8br------5-8-5-----5---|----------5---5-----------5-------|
G||--x--------------------8-----8-|--7-5-7-8---7---8-7-5-7-8---8-7-5-|
D||-------------------------------|----------------------------------|
A||-------------------------------|----------------------------------|
E||-------------------------------|----------------------------------|

S S S S S E Q
---------------------|----||
--8-7-5---5----5b----|----||
--------7---7--x-----|----||

That's about all I have noticed about his playing, if anyone wants to contribute to this topic feel free..If not.. *braces self for the flaming*
Current Gear :
Jackson USA Made SL1 Soloist (SnakeSkin Finish)
Jackson Jap Made SL1 Soloist!
lol good work man... sorry i couldnt think of anything to flame you with :P
Yeah dimebag loves bends, he said in guitarworld, "If you ever hit a long bad note, just bend it up to pitch." And that floods solo... no one can beat it.