Sorry for another political thread...

to all the liberals out there, i am wondering what are some GOOD points about liberalism...

i argue with liberals a lot about why being liberal is not right, (because i just dont understand how people can be completely ignorant to rational thought), and it always comes full circle to the same answers. usually something like "bush only cares about oil" or "bush is a poor public speaker"...

so humor me and give us a few reasons why i should like liberals more...

*bashing conservatives wont count in this thread (wee can start a different one for that later)*
*Reported* Stop making political-oriented threads outside the ONLY POLITICAL THREAD.
Hi, I'm Peter
but they are sacrificing my right to own a weapon. this will end up like prohibition in the 1920s.
Quote by Dirk Gently
*Reported* Stop making political-oriented threads outside the ONLY POLITICAL THREAD.

that's you argument to support liberalism (havent heard that one before)?
Quote by jasamb
that's you argument to support liberalism (havent heard that one before)?

No, that's my argument as UG Staff about you not following the rules
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently

that is how most liberals argue, though:

"so what do you think we should do about the growing threat of people around the world that want to kill us all and destroy our way of life?"

"yes, i think that gay's should have the right to get married..."
Quote by blynd_snyper
EDIT: Dirk Gently, can't you just close the thread?

Wish I could. But let him keep arguing with me. He'll just end up banned.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by blynd_snyper
Well one thing I like about liberalism is the fact that they don't try to control your life as much.

Sure, republicans will say "We support a smaller government" but they try to ban abortion, they favour pointless drug laws that only harm the economy, etc etc.

So despite wanting a smaller government, they want to impose more restrictions on your life.

Also liberals won't support changes to the constitution that the conservatives do, they don't support infringements on civil liberties that conservatives do and they aren't full of shit when it comes to justifying alterations to the constitution. (Claiming that sacrificing habeas corpus is to protect your freedom from terrorists, I mean, how is denying freedom's protecting freedom?)

EDIT: Liberals also seem to support democracy more, an example of this is Bush using his veto when congress tried to secure a date to pull out of Iraq.

Yeah I was going to say that summed up, but yeah conservative people try to have control over everything, look at gay marriage, a lot of liberals say that if we let them be, they won't hate us as much as the people trying to shun them from communities. I would know I went to a EXTREMELY conservative high-school, and disagreed with pretty much everything they said.

seriously that and abortion, conservatives have nothing better to do than go and try to rain on everybody else's parade
Quote by Dirk Gently

Alright.

Also, the last thing I'm going to post in here (I deleted my other posts cos I realised this thread was going to hell).

TS, have an argument with a proper liberal, not a democrat. And here's an idea to stop people wanting to 'destroy your way of life'. Stop invading other countries without thinking it through. Imposing your way of life on them is not going to make you popular.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Sorry about replying on a reported thread Dirk, but how could I resist!

Evidently that nOOb is color blind.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Dirk Gently

another liberal technique...ignore the issue.

we can have 100 threads about "my weiner isnt long enough" or "emo sucks", but when someone posts an argument that you cant win, you report it and ignore?

hahahahaa
Quote by jasamb
another liberal technique...ignore the issue.

we can have 100 threads about "my weiner isnt long enough" or "emo sucks", but when someone posts an argument that you cant win, you report it and ignore?

hahahahaa

Oh god, thats too funny.

Apparently, liberals all have meetings in which they discuss how to win liberal vs. conservative debates on internet forums.
Quote by Dirk Gently
That'll learn 'em.
Bitch-slapped!

He might be color blind, but he's seeing stars right now.

The moral of the story: Argue with the staff, get a free vacation.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Jul 17, 2007,
Quote by jasamb
"so what do you think we should do about the growing threat of people around the world that want to kill us all and destroy our way of life?"

I really, REALLY pity you.

Wow.

You weren't attacked because they were jealous of your way of life or your freedom. You were attacked because you had an unwanted presence in their lands.