Whats the tuning for a guitar put it 1/4 step flat?
"I have a large fridge at home and I've been eating alot of pork chops"
that would be halfway between E and Eb.... tuners aren't really going to have this kind of built in tuning.
Mine does- 50 cents flat.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
yeah if you have a tuner, get it to E flatted about 50 cents, or, Eb, 50 cents sharp
but it's not an actual note persay.

it's not really an actually tuning, just some bands have songs in that tuning i think because of the tape speed differs from when they recorded it to when they mixed it.
It's just "in-between" notes between E and Eb. Technically it's "out of tune".
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Layla is actually sharp about 1/4 tone as well i think because of what phoenix 88 said, they speed up the recording, thus making it sharp. But 50 cents would do it like the other guys said.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
what is this 50 cents you guys keep reffering to. Im a little lost.
"I have a large fridge at home and I've been eating alot of pork chops"
Its 100 cents between each half step. On a tuner, you will notice that it has numbers on it. On my tuner, if you go to either ends, it is at 50 cents. I have another tuner that goes to 80 cents, which is almost a half step. Did that make sense?
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Yeah, Justin's correct.

In every half-step (one fret's distance), there are 100 cents.
Now, the human ear cannot pick up 1 or 2 cents off, but anything from 20 upwards.
I can tell from about 10 cents upwards if something is out of tune, I'm pretty sure I don't have relative pitch or whatever it is, but I can tune my guitar to within 10 cents of being in tune, just by plucking the open strings and listening

It's actually pretty cool.

Anyways, Dimebag was probably the most popluar person to use 1/4 step down on purpose, and consistently.
Even when he went to D, it was always between C# / D.

As these guys said, tune down 50 cents to be in perfect tune with 1/4 step down.

I do this for playing along with Pantera.

Sorry about writing all this, I'm bored.

Hope I've helped in some way....

Cheers -
Daisy
Gore AND Core; unite!
It tends to be those pesky mastering engineers that are to blame for recordings not being at concert pitch. Quite a few of the two track tape machines they use have varispeed availble, which they use for 'artistic' effect. This is all very well if you're just listening, but if you want to work it out or play along, you've either got to change the pitch of playback or the pitch of your guitar....

Check out my site: Printable scale, chord, arpeggio, blank TAB and manuscript sheets for guitar and bass
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
Yeah, Justin's correct.

In every half-step (one fret's distance), there are 100 cents.
Now, the human ear cannot pick up 1 or 2 cents off, but anything from 20 upwards.
I can tell from about 10 cents upwards if something is out of tune, I'm pretty sure I don't have relative pitch or whatever it is, but I can tune my guitar to within 10 cents of being in tune, just by plucking the open strings and listening

It's actually pretty cool.

Anyways, Dimebag was probably the most popluar person to use 1/4 step down on purpose, and consistently.
Even when he went to D, it was always between C# / D.

As these guys said, tune down 50 cents to be in perfect tune with 1/4 step down.

I do this for playing along with Pantera.

Sorry about writing all this, I'm bored.

Hope I've helped in some way....

Cheers -
Daisy

Really what song does Dime use for 1/4 flat tuning? and i also believe "Smells like Teen Spirit" is down a 1/4 step
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Just about everything he did, at least with Pantera, was 1/4 step down.

Try playing to Mouth of War, for instance, it doesn't sound right in standard, or 1/2 step down.

And here's a very good reason for that.....

Cheers -
Daisy
Gore AND Core; unite!
Robin Trower uses that tuning often
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
Quote by Guitaristhelp
It tends to be those pesky mastering engineers that are to blame for recordings not being at concert pitch. Quite a few of the two track tape machines they use have varispeed availble, which they use for 'artistic' effect. This is all very well if you're just listening, but if you want to work it out or play along, you've either got to change the pitch of playback or the pitch of your guitar....

Check out my site: Printable scale, chord, arpeggio, blank TAB and manuscript sheets for guitar and bass

stop advertising.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
i dont think, you would notice a difference...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
you definitely do... unless you're kinda tone deaf.
because if one of your strings were a 1/4 step flat, and you played a power chord,
you'd notice that it's out of tune.
I think C.C. meant, hearing a song 1/4 step out of tune, not your guitar....

And if he did, it boils down to your hearing whether you do or not.

As I said, I hear it, and it used to piss me off, listening to Pantera!
But now I love it!

If you don't hear anything, then a song 1/4 step out of tune, chances are most won't hear it.
BUT, if you listen to an in-tune song (pick any song, basically ), then to say, Mouth for War, to use for example again, you'll definately hear it.

Cheers -
Daisy
Gore AND Core; unite!
If I remember right, It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock 'N Roll) by AC/DC was 1/4 step flat, in order to be in tune with a bagpipe, which is apparently not capable of a great deal of tuning.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free