Alright so here it is: I'm the guitar player/screamer for a band called Altarcry. So I've been doing the screaming for a while now, and I noticed some days I can scream better than others. For example, we did a gig for a talent show not too long ago and it was probably one of my best performances vocally, but we did another show a week later and my scream was horrible and screechy. Any metal vocalist out there wanna give me some advice as to how and stop from having these bad days? Any tips? Anybody's input will be considered.
If you were a man I would punch you. I would punch you right in the mouth.
do u know how to do it properly? you could be wearing it out, and that could cause it not to sound good. have you watched "the zen of screaming"?
Quote by webbtje
I'd give myself buttsecks, because I have a small penis.

www.myspace.com/southeastexit
My Band. Check it out.
its metal/electronica
I think the problem here is when you can't hear yourself you sound great, and when you can you realize screamo sucks.
If you're going through puberty that explains it.
But I would direct you to this thread for help

Quote by umop-3p!sdn
Learn how to sing properly?

Screaming damages your vocal cords. I think.

Actually there is a way to do it right without damaging your vocal chords.
well, i can sing pretty well, but i love to scream also. It doesn't hurt, but some days it just doesn't come out right. i'm 17.
oh, and to kulvin---you're saying children of bodom is screamo? Don't judge before you know what i'm doing. cause then you're just being an ignorant prick.
your diet can affect your voice. caffeine will deter it whilst water will help you. Also the usual things like nerves and how long you warm up beforehand obviously affects it
That's what she said
alright, so maybe two or three of you have given somewhat useful advice, but the rest, why even say anything? Are you really that much of a loser that you have to go around and look at other people's threads to comment something ridiculous (this was aimed at you cocacola) ? Get a life.
And to those of you who did help, thanks.