Hello, I got my ears pierced exactly 3 weeks and a day ago. I have an 18 in both ears. I have some gauges a 14 and a 12 and all the way down to 4. would it be a safe jump from 18 to 12 or do i have to go to 14? and how long do i have to wait to change them?
yes you can jump from 18 to 12, I have NO peircings but all two of my good friends do, they're ears are gauged below zero. but yeah you can stretch your ears like that in one shot, I wouldn't try going from 18 to 8 or 10.
The UG churches Tabernacle maintenence guy.

I suvived the Bannecide.
I don't understand gauges in my honest opinion they're disgusting and I'm automatically turned away by anyone who has them. Why not just pour some corrosive acid on to your ears? Sure it might hurt more but it would be faster and then you can have the nasty holes you so badly desire.
Im not going big, and its what i want, I dont give a **** about what you want, I dont aim to please. especially on UG, dude ill be me you be you, you can have your opinion, just dont critisize mine.
Im imagining that acid wouldn't give the same perfect symetrical holes that a ear plug would give you.

I suvived the Bannecide.
Quote by korn klown 14
Are you positive i dont wanna **** them up too bad

Im positive man, My friend had his ears at a four, then left them closed four three months then gauged them up to an 8, kept it like that for a weeks, them went right to -2

I suvived the Bannecide.
I don't understand the guages really, like 12 to a 4 to -2 ect?

Whats it meant by? couldn't it just be set out from little guages of 1 to big holes like 20?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
no, its 18, 16,14,12,10,8,6,4,2,0,00, then it goes to fractions of inches like 1"3/4" those are rediculous
Quote by korn klown 14
no, its 18, 16,14,12,10,8,6,4,2,0,00, then it goes to fractions of inches like 1"3/4" those are rediculous

sounds like the american clothes system.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by korn klown 14

You're stretching out your earlobes, there's no way NOT to **** them up bad.

I can't wait to see everyone with gauged ears when they're 40 and have these massive holes in their eearlobes.
Dickless.
they close up dude, relax Ive seen people with 1 and 3/4 which is huge as hell, those have closed up. so relax
Quote by korn klown 14
Im not going big, and its what i want, I dont give a **** about what you want, I dont aim to please. especially on UG, dude ill be me you be you, you can have your opinion, just dont critisize mine.

wow, watch out for the hardass
Quote by MetalMilitia212
You're stretching out your earlobes, there's no way NOT to **** them up bad.

I can't wait to see everyone with gauged ears when they're 40 and have these massive holes in their eearlobes.

Yeah, they'll probably have beer bellies too.
Chances are they'll look like this.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
I dont understand the gauge system, all I know is that my ear is stretched to an 8, im assuming 8mm.
Quote by korn klown 14

i think you've already ****ed them up by putting holes in them...
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by MetalMilitia212

Who the **** cares about you when you're 40? That's right, no one does.
Quote by -Vogel-
Who the **** cares about you when you're 40? That's right, no one does.

children, spouse, employers, parents, randoms on the street etc.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Unless you stretch them huge they shrink back in you know..
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by breadstick
children, spouse, employers, parents, randoms on the street etc.

Randoms on the street can stfu, to children everything is new anyway, get a spouse that digs it, your parents are hopefully dead by then and win the lottery.

You should stretch, then wait at least two weeks, then go up...if you really want to go up supa fast, go get dermal punches, or get it pierced bigger to start. Jumping too far up in too quickly hurts like crazy, and can rip your earlobes if you arent careful. The easiest way to stretch is to do it after a hot shower with a pair of taper or pinchers. You should use a water based lubricant such as KY, then slide in the tapers. You have to leave it in for like a week to let you ear become accustomed to it before changing jewelry. I was by the lady at Tattoo Inferno who did mine (I started at a 12g) that i needed to wait at least 6 weeks before starting to go up. Then 2 weeks in between each sizing up. Now as for how the guage system works, its fairly easy here are the meausurements for guages up to 0O, after that you measure in inches

18 Ga : 1.0mm

16 Ga : 1.2mm

14 Ga : 1.6mm

12 Ga : 2.0mm

10 Ga : 2.4mm

8 Ga : 3 mm

6 Ga : 4 mm

4 Ga : 5 mm

2 Ga : 6 mm

0 Ga : 8 mm

00 Ga : 10 mm
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by korn klown 14

He's not criticising your. He's stating his.

Nowhere in his post does he make any reference to you.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
ok, to answer your question (unlike other @$$holes on here) you can prolly do it but i wouldnt recomend it. especially if you have small earlobes. go from that 18 and force a 14 through it then go to a 12 then prolly an 8 and stop. thats what im doing. the way to do it is. put 2 18 through then put in a 14 in about a week put in 2 14's then 2 12's to an 8 or a 10.
Quote by JacobMPrater
ok, to answer your question (unlike other @$$holes on here) you can prolly do it but i wouldnt recomend it. especially if you have small earlobes. go from that 18 and force a 14 through it then go to a 12 then prolly an 8 and stop. thats what im doing. the way to do it is. put 2 18 through then put in a 14 in about a week put in 2 14's then 2 12's to an 8 or a 10.

You mean like the guy who got the first reply in?

Quote by GLP_Arclite

Somebody clearly missed the fact that I highlighted the bit where he said "unlike the other assholes on here", and that I was mocking him by pointing out the fact that the person who posted the very first reply on this thread answered the TS question.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Okay, using that conversion up there^

I went from normal pierce 18

18-12-4-0 (which is where I am now at an 8)

18-12 hurt the worse (the first initial stretch)
12-14 didnt hurt at all, almost slid right in
4-0 hurt abit more than 12-14, but nowhere near 18-12

I went from a normal pierce to my 0 gauge/8mm in around a month.
I wouldn't jump more than a couple sizes at a time. The tear next to my hole says so.
Quote by thewho65
What if I want my c*ck to smell like an egg roll?

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Yes, you can jump 2 gauges when its small...once u start getting bigger than 6's DONT skip a size...i doubt you would though...just going up one size hurts pretty bad once ur bigger than 6's :P

To all idiots:
If you dont like gauged ears then dont post in this thread.