Page 1 of 2
Yup, just name where your musical inspiration came from, what bands, guitarrists, drummers, bassists etc have inspired you to play the instrument you do?

My inspiration is John Petrucci and Steve Vai, they are both genius'
emilie autumn, jesper kyd, jordan rudess, peter habja, js bach, akira yamaoka.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Terry Kath, Al DiMeola, Pete Townshend, Ted Nugent.

I can't play half of their stuff, but I model some of what I do, after them.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Mine are pretty standard... Metallica, Slipknot, Linkin Park.
I still play metal mostly thrash I don't play any nu metal usually.
but I'm starting to broaden my playing with Alternative and some Acoustic
Mark Knopfler, and most importantly... Ed Hak.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
John Frusciante is probably my main influence, followed by Jesse Lacey & Chris Carraba.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Pete Townshend mostly, Joe Satriani, Eddie Van Halen and the guy at the pub who plays Free Bird.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Mine has to be slash, no doubt about it, his riffs are great and he has an amazing unique sound.
his kind of qaulity is hard to find nowadays, he is a legend
Clapton, Gilmour, Slash and Hendrix are the main culprits
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
a mate of mine, encouraged by his dad started guitar.

i thought 'if he can do it, why cant i?'

best thought i had in a long while

Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I'm a tone-freak, so I draw a lot of influence from guys like Santana, Steve Hackett from early Genesis stuff, and of course, the one and only David Gilmour.
Remember when you were young
You shone like the sun...
John Paul Jones got me into bass, but now my main influences are John Myung and Justin Chancellor, as well as a whole bands sound.
As my avatar suggests... my inspirations are..

Rise Against, Thrice, Hatebreed, At the Drive-In, The Mars Volta, Rage Against the Machine, Tool, Nine Inch Nails.

maybe a few more i cant remember of right now...

thought top 5 would be:

Rise Against
Hatebreed
Thrice
Mars Volta
RATM
Muddy Waters (In case my avatar didn't help you figure it out) and Stevie Ray Vaughan are my top two, but lots of other blues musicians also make the longer list. As well as Syd Barrett, Jerry Garcia, and most of the 60's guys.
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
Matt Heafy, Alexi Laiho, Steve Vai, EVH, Satriani, James hetfield, Claudio, Classical musicians, Vivaldi, Paginini particularly.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Pink floyd , Funkadelic, Rolling stones, Cream , Jefferson Aiplane, Nirvana, System of a down and Sound garden are my heavier inspirations. Lyric wise me and Syd barret find acid to work quite well!
In the Pit saying u like greenday is the equivelent of dropping the soap in prison...
Sometimes when I sit outside by the lake behind my apartment, I can feel the world around me move to the rhythm of a song that only I can hear. The willow trees sway back and forth to the melodic breeze and the clouds watch from a distance. The people around me all move in time with the song. And in that moment I feel one with the world.

I push things out through my mouth and get refilled through my ears.
Pink Floyd, AC/DC and Van Halen all influenced me greatly
And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
In terms of songwriting, Tool, Pink Floyd, and Radiohead, no questions asked. Without them I truly would not be the person I am and my songwriting would have taken a completely different direction. These are the only three bands that have honestly shaped who I am, especially Tool. I can't imagine how my life would be now if I hadn't discovered Tool's music.
Member #11 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join

Quote by MuffinMan
Women: the newest form of currency.
Albert King, B.B. King, Albert Collins, I used to get a LOT of inspiration from SRV, but I decided to not let him influence me TOO much, cause there are a lot of SRV Copycats out there. He has a very distinctive style that you can notice from miles away.
I have kinda a wide range of inspiration.
John Butler
Nine Inch Nails (older Stuff)
Buckethead
Tool
Pearl Jam
Team Sleep
Alice in Chains

thats pretty much the ones i can think of at this moment.
some people like sports.
i like tits.
Just sitting in my room and thinking over the past months or years, the events that occurred in my life and in the world at that time.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Criss Oliva, Meat Loaf, James Swearingen, and a song composed by Robert Buckley called Pacifica (Doubt anyone knows this song, as the only people who would know it would be Western Canadian concert band students).
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Well I met Karl Sanders the other day and since then and seeing them live my music has been heavily inspired by the awesomeness that is Nile.
Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
David Gilmour, John Petrucci and Mikael Åkerfeldt.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
beethoven ,paganini , bach , vivaldi , yngwie, jason becker , alexi laiho , dimebag , matt heafy , dave mustaine , marty friedman, george harrison , eric clapton , bb king , gary moore , andres segovia, John Lennon, chuck berry , stevie ray vaughn, jimi hendrix.

just to name a few.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Emg Pick-ups
Marshall MG50DFX
Digitech Death Metal

I am the Eggman
Quote by Arthur Curry
Sometimes when I sit outside by the lake behind my apartment, I can feel the world around me move to the rhythm of a song that only I can hear. The willow trees sway back and forth to the melodic breeze and the clouds watch from a distance. The people around me all move in time with the song. And in that moment I feel one with the world.

I push things out through my mouth and get refilled through my ears.

That's so beautiful.

I've got to say The Fall of Troy. Thomas's ear-splitting screams and smooth vocals whilst playing a finger shattering riffs on guitar, Tim Wards amazing bass lines and back up screams are amazing, the band wouldn't be TFoT without him, and Andrew Forsman's insane drum beats and fills are great. The band's lyrics are almost always like some sort of story that Thomas has made up in his head, and it grips you instantly. They've inspired me to write things on guitar i wouldn't be able to if i'd never heard them.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Quote by 319
Well I met Karl Sanders the other day and since then and seeing them live my music has been heavily inspired by the awesomeness that is Nile.

lol.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Influences, hmmm... I'd say these...

90's Green Day and Radiohead, say what you will, when I was younger, these guys got me to pick up a guitar.

Pantera, they introduced me into all sorts of Metal.

Metric and Broken Social Scene, they got me into Indie.
666 BRO
Rory Gallagher (for guitar orientated stuff) and Chopin (for piano orientated stuff) and maybe Air and Daft Punk, cause I love them so much, and would love to make that type of music.
John Petrucci, Dave Mustaine, Django Reinhardt and Jeff Loomis are some of my guitar idols, and Gerard Butler (see sig), Dave Mustaine, and Phil Anselmo are some of my vocal inspirations.
Dickless.
inspiration for composing? In that case it is no musician. Scenery it what inspires me to write music. Some of the greatest works of all time were inspired by the composer viewing the beautiful world which we live in.

Unfortunately I live in an ugly city in East Texas...so my writing is difficult...
Well last year was mostly led zeppelin, pink floyd and Crossfade.

Now I would say, Tiesto, Armin van burren and Pendulum

Yeah trance and drum and bass own my soul at this point in my life.
Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Frank Zappa, Pink Floyd, Dir en Grey, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Pantera, Primus
R.I.P. Frank Zappa R.I.P. Hideto Matsumoto and nowR.I.P. Rick Wright

It doesn't take words to make love
You be the flower, I'll be the bee
That wasn't love, they were just words
You be the heart, I'll be the arrow
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
That's so beautiful.

I've got to say The Fall of Troy. Thomas's ear-splitting screams and smooth vocals whilst playing a finger shattering riffs on guitar, Tim Wards amazing bass lines and back up screams are amazing, the band wouldn't be TFoT without him, and Andrew Forsman's insane drum beats and fills are great. The band's lyrics are almost always like some sort of story that Thomas has made up in his head, and it grips you instantly. They've inspired me to write things on guitar i wouldn't be able to if i'd never heard them.

The Fall of Troy is a huge influence for me right now. I would also say: Chiodos, Tool, Nile, Opeth, Alice in Chains and Metallica. Tool is a huge influence for me, not only as a whole band but as separate parts, like Danny Carey's drum parts influence my guitar playing.
Page 1 of 2