Well quite frankly I thoroughly regret downloading internet explorer 7, it's complete crap - but I'm unable to go back and get 6

so I was considering getting something like firefox

what are the advantages and disadvantages of this? or of any other good browsers you know
I use Maxthon, and I'm very pleased about it.
Its almost the same interface, just alot neater and more comfortable, and works much faster.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Well Firefox is a lot more secure by what they say, but some sites are only viewable in Internet Explorer

Edit: and most alternative browsers are just faster hands down
Firefox has a cult following. It's pretty solid though, I've actually started using it because Konqueror is very buggy on my workstation machine.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Firefox has a cult following. It's pretty solid though, I've actually started using it because Konqueror is very buggy on my workstation machine.

?which release you running. I have version 3.5.6 and its rock solid. Not a crash all year.
Quote by Def
?which release you running. I have version 3.5.6 and its rock solid. Not a crash all year.

My whole KDE suite is 3.5.6

I think flash and java were causing the crashes.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
It makes you faster...more secure.

Just get FireFox...now.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Firefox is more secure, it has tons of addons and themes so you can customize it all you want, it has adblock so you never have to see ads on the internet again, it has tabbed browsing, it's open source (one reason why I use it over Opera), you can set it to delete your usage history when you close the browser but still remember cookies from certain sites (dunno if IE has this). It's just a better experience all around imo.

Opera is alright, but it's just kind of annoying, and you don't get adblock, which is probably the #1 reason to use firefox.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by .:SwAmPmOnKeY:.
Safari and Firefox FTW!

Huzzahh!
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by .:SwAmPmOnKeY:.
works fine on a mac and is faster.

Yeah...except most people don't use macs, and safari for windows sucks ass.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
It can usually view those sites, it would just have some minor faults or glitches in the layout/functionality etc etc. Just get firefox, use it for a week or two and you'll see what we mean. Recommended add-ons are adblock, flashblock, and stumble (just for when you're bored )
Quote by matt bickerton
I'm pretty much sold on firefox then

but what sorta sites can it not view?

It can view any site IE7 can, provided you have flash and java installed.

Of course, neither of those browsers display CSS correctly.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Yeah, nowadays almost any site will work in firefox, with the exception of sites that use ActiveX controls--ActiveX, however, is one of the most insecure technologies ever invented as with very little effort someone can use it to hijack your PC. So basically, you shouldnt use ActiveX anyways, and the lack of it in Firefox wont be a problem.

@Muphin: idk about you, but I can't stand Konqueror as a browser--Firefox just looks so much cleaner and such.