Page 1 of 3
Quote by Captain Insano
Resistance.
The Darkness.

That's all I can think of.

That's all there is...

PS3 fails.

Have fun spending $650 on a machine you'll barely play.
Spastic Ink
I suggest you reconsider.

PS3 is pretty much bottom of the barrel at the moment. Wii60 is the way to go.
Motorstorm is okay, Rainbow Six Vegas isn't bad but Oblivion is probably the best for now.

Fight Night isn't bad either.
Last edited by oZone_TNS at Jul 17, 2007,
just get a 360, you'll like it better and save money
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
i have a 360 but i need to get a ps3 soon because i just recently heard that MGS4 wont be coming out on 360, yep that got me major pisses because i dont even have the money for a ps3
Resistance
Fear
The Darkness
Genji
Oblivion (If your into that sort of thing)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ridge Racer 7

And there are a lot of good ones coming out soon.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by somethingfunni
i have a 360 but i need to get a ps3 soon because i just recently heard that MGS4 wont be coming out on 360, yep that got me major pisses because i dont even have the money for a ps3

i dont know if getting a console for one game is really all that worth it, unless its like a gameboy for pokemon

and dude, we both joined in may 06 and our names are very similar. i think thats pretty goofy
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
I would Highly recommend a 360 over a PS3. PS3 doesn't have any real good games on it yet and the ones that they do have are also on the 360.

Long story short, no PS3 yes 360.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Well metal X covered the current releases.

The upcoming ones are:

Little big planet
MGS4
Devil May Cry 4
GTA 4
Soul Calibur IV
Tekken 6
Final Fantasy XIII/Versus
Assassins Creed
Killzone 2
Half Life
Unreal tournament
God Of war
Guitar Hero III
Gran Turismo 5
Wipeout HD

All within the next 6 to 12 months. I would say about 10 of them are exclusives TS, so you made a good choice.

How does the PS3 fail exactly? Given what we know of microsofts future line up, i think it might well be the xbox thats about to fail.

You can't get by with Halo 3 alone.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
Last edited by MattIgoe0108 at Jul 17, 2007,
I'm positive the TS asked for PS3 games, not which console he should buy
(sorry if that sounded assholish to anyone)

and sorry TS, i know nothing of PS3 games
Quote by somethingcool76
i dont know if getting a console for one game is really all that worth it, unless its like a gameboy for pokemon

and dude, we both joined in may 06 and our names are very similar. i think thats pretty goofy

hey great minds think alike. or maybe we are just equally lame. mehhhh lol

but i kinda have a thing about metal gear solid. i need to complete all the games. i need the fourth one the 1st day it comes out. i mite just have to go that far and buy a ps3. but ill probably sell it afterwards

EDIThhh i highly recommend the darkness. amazing game
NCAA 2008, splinter cell, motorstorm, ninja gaiden, resistance, call of duty, tiger woods, fight night 3. those all the ones i have and they are all good
Quote by 18th_Angel
No dude, that is definitely an ugly chick. I'm talking 10 or 11 beers ugly.
Quote by MattIgoe0108

All within the next 6 to 12 months. I would say about 10 of them are exclusives TS, so you made a good choice.

How does the PS3 fail exactly? Given what we know of microsofts future line up, i think it might well be the xbox thats about to fail.

right, so why not buy a 360 while its cheaper, then wait 6-12 months or however long until the ps3 is cheaper and save some cash?

patience ftw
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
believe me theres definitely good games already out there for the ps3 as well as many AAA titles coming out for it in the very near future. Right now the best games for the PS3 are Rainbow six :vegas, Ninja Gaiden:Sigma, Oblivion, Motorstorm, Resistance:fall of man,Tekken:dark resurrection, as well as Lair, Heavenly Sword, and Warhawk which will be coming out in a matter of weeks.

most people on here tend to know alot about guitars and music related stuff, but from what ive seen on here most people will just tell you whatever is popular in the media these days. i happen to be quite knowledgeable about games also as i own all the current systems so im pretty unbiased. buying a ps3 is very good investment to make especially since the recent price drop, and with the games it has coming out later this year, the ps3 is gonna be hard to beat.(sorry for long post)
MY RIG!
Fender Blues Junior
Fender Stratocaster standard
Fender Toronado GT HH
Boss OS-2
BBE Sonic Maximizer

Member #31 of the Fender Armada!
Member #2 of the UG Blues Jr. Owners Club!
Quote by aj2good4you2

most people on here tend to know alot about guitars and music related stuff, but from what ive seen on here most people will just tell you whatever is popular in the media these days. i happen to be quite knowledgeable about games also as i own all the current systems so im pretty unbiased.

congratulations, want a cookie?
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
How the hell do you not check out the games before you buy the damn thing? ****. Some ****ing people these days. ****ing dumb.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
He hasn't bought it yet, he said he was going out soon to get it...

I don't own one, but I've heard good things about Elder Scrolls IV and Virtua Fighter 5. Check out IGN or something for reviews.
Quote by MattIgoe0108
Well metal X covered the current releases.

The upcoming ones are:

Little big planet
MGS4
Devil May Cry 4
GTA 4
Soul Calibur IV
Tekken 6
Final Fantasy XIII/Versus
Assassins Creed
Killzone 2
Half Life
Unreal tournament
God Of war
Guitar Hero III
Gran Turismo 5
Wipeout HD

Next 6 - 12 months... lets see what I can add to that

100 Bullets
Blazing Angels 2
Call of Duty 4
Dark Sector
Fatal Inertia
Fracture
Free Realms
Golden Axe
Haze
Heavenly Sword
Indiana Jones 2007
John Woo Presents Stranglehold
Lair
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Need For Speed: ProStreet
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Rock Band
Rouge Warrior: Black Razor
Shadow Clan
Sing Star
SOCOM: Confrontation
Soldier of Fortune: Pay Back
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Time Crisis 4
Time Shift
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 4
Turok
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
The Wall
War Devil: Enigma
X Quest

I don't feel like typing anymore...
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

I have a PS3 and I love it. I don't have any complaints. Get Resistance for sure, its amazing. There are plenty of good games coming out for it. And there is plenty to play right now. As far as the whole price thing, essentially if you have an HD tv and you enjoy watching movies. The ps3 is cheaper.

Don't listen to all the microsoft and nintendo fan boys. But hey, I'd be pissed too if I spent the last 6 years only playing a Gamecube
Quote by ma)(payne
Don't listen to all the microsoft and nintendo fan boys. But hey, I'd be pissed too if I spent the last 6 years only playing a Gamecube

Right, and I suppose he should listen to a Sony fanboy?

Don't listen to ANY fanboys.
Quote by Archaon

That eliminates just about everybody that posts in a console thread.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by Archaon

Im not a fan boy, I just happen to only own a ps3 right now. I see my buying one of the other two down the line. Im just sick of everyone picking on the ps3, its complete bull****.

Quote by oZone_TNS
Speaking of PS3, what's everyone's PSN ID?

Mine is: oZone07

Chunk88

You'll see me playing shooters, I'll be the one raping everyone
Quote by ma)(payne
Im not a fan boy, I just happen to only own a ps3 right now. I see my buying one of the other two down the line. Im just sick of everyone picking on the ps3, its complete bull****.

If you enjoy your PS3, why the hell does it matter? I personally prefer the 360 exclusives (Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect) over PS3's. Which is the reason why I got that over the PS3. I was actually going to get the PS3 originally, but thankfully I didn't.

I'll probably grab a Wii somewhere down the road when it has some good games out.
MattIgoe

Feel free to PM me if anyone wants to join the resistance clan.

And i wouldn't worry about people picking on the PS3. The console wars on this board have pretty much died down now. The only next gen consoles thread is so tranquil for a consoles thread its unbelievable.

Last edited by MattIgoe0108 at Jul 17, 2007,
There's an Only Next Gen Consoles thread for a reason.

Quote by ma)(payne

The GC had a shit load of great titles. I'm proud of being a long-time owner of that system. Quality over quantity.

Just because Sony publishes almost every game doesn't mean they have more good games than Nintendo.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Simply put, the people who say PS3's are overpriced hunks of plastic, have never played one. They pwn. The controller plays quite smoothly with effortless playability, the games are excellent, the graphics are excellent, and you don't have to get up to turn it on.
Resistance is fun (especially online).
Oblivion is super cool.
Rainbow Six Vegas is really, really good and realistic.
Motorstorm is pretty crazy (sort of repetitive though).
Ninja Gaiden Sigma is supposed to be very good.
Killzone 2 and Haze are gonna be awesome whenever they're released.
Quote by Chickenparts
and you don't have to get up to turn it on.

If that was one of the main appeals for you to purchase a PS3, I sincerely feel sorry for you.
Quote by Archaon
If that was one of the main appeals for you to purchase a PS3, I sincerely feel sorry for you.

Nope, just a nice perk I found out after I got it.
What's the big deal about Killzone 2? Killzone wasn't exactly a spectacular game and aside from 90% of the "game play" videos from E3 being cut-scenes, the game doesn't really offer anything I haven't seen before. I don't understand why it's praised so heavily.

Quote by Smokey Amp
What's the big deal about Killzone 2? Killzone wasn't exactly a spectacular game and aside from 90% of the "game play" videos from E3 being cut-scenes, the game doesn't really offer anything I haven't seen before. I don't understand why it's praised so heavily.

I'll agree that Killzone wasn't all that great, but Killzone 2 looks very promising. All of it seen at E3 (other than the intro) was all in game footage, and it looks fantastic.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by Metal-X
I'll agree that Killzone wasn't all that great, but Killzone 2 looks very promising. All of it seen at E3 (other than the intro) was all in game footage, and it looks fantastic.

It was in-game footage, but it was just non-interactive animation. The first minute was just sitting on a ship whilst other soldiers just talked. Sure, you can look around, but that's nothing new, that's been around since Halo and Timesplitters.

What's new in Killzone 2? Why's it breakin' ground? What's so good about it?

Page 1 of 3