I'm really new to renewing guitars and I'm only doing my first project. It's embarrasing how pathetic I am at this stuff but I generally enjoy playing basses, not renewing them. I thought this might be a fun project for me to do and unfortunately I'm kind of lost.

I have a soldering iron and all the materials I'll need but I'm not sure how this will be wired. Obviously I'm going to need the guitar body but I didn't feel the need to put it in the picture.

If you have any clue of which wire connects to what, or if you know a link that can explain this to me PLEASE post it. (Obviously I'm gonna have to go out and by some extra wires)

I dont know if this picture is sufficient enough but it's the best I could do.
Last edited by hfsjunky at Jul 17, 2007,
Quote by forsaknazrael
guitarelectronics.com has diagrams.

First thing I checked too, but not for the pickups he's got there. Does your bass have 3 pickups?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Yea, those are the three pickups on the screen. The diagrams confuse me, I've seen them before. To be honest I have no experience/skill with any electronics/wiring/anything. I've been playing bass for two years and have just taken this old bass to reconfigure it so I really have no clue how to configure these wires.
Well, they are Basslines pickups from Seymour Duncan. Seems like their website would be the place to start.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Quote by Will_Minus

Use this. It shows you exactly what to do. No schematics, just follow what it shows.

And its 2 pick ups, the top one is a split coil precission bass p-up, bottom a standard jazz.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
The threadstarter has already acknowledged the schematic. Also, it wasn't the threadstarter who thought they were 3 seperate pickups, but P bass pickups function as two tandem pickups, like a humbucker.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
The threadstarter has already acknowledged the schematic. Also, it wasn't the threadstarter who thought they were 3 seperate pickups, but P bass pickups function as two tandem pickups, like a humbucker.

That would have been me in my fluey, half asleep stage
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Whoops, sorry dawg.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club