Well my gear is in my sig. I love my sg, even if it is one of the lower models, and I think i know what my next guitar is gonna be... but its about 2000$ and that wont be until much further down the road...

But anywayz, i got some extra birthday money and I was thinking that if im gonna have this guitar for a few more years before I get a new one I mind as well upgrade the pups...

while I do play some clean stuff...and my deville can play the hell outa some cleans...but I really like dirty stuff, AC/DC to Pantera. (I know my amp isnt the best for this, but it was such a good price and i was on a budget, so no complaints :P). But I was thinking at the bridge something that handled gain and distortion pretty well...and preferably have those coold metal covers .

So maybe something like the angus young pickup, or maybe a 57' classic plus in the bridge, that is what angus used before he got his signature pup's. And maybe something cleaning in the neck, like maybe a seymore duncan SH-4 JB or something.

Anywayz i was wondering if yall had any opinions or suggestions, maybe something I havnt thought about.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
sd 57's are good. a similar pickup would be dimarzio paf's too.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
AC/DC to Pantera

Hard rock to Metal

and some cleaner stuff, like one of my favorite metallica songs is nothing else maters and the majority of that is clean

so something that can handle high gain in the bridge, and maybe something a bit cleaner in the neck?
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
gibson dirty fingers in the bridge? I know thats a high output humbucker. as for the neck I have no Idea
Quote by forsaknazrael
SH-2 Jazz in the neck and SH-5 Custom in the bridge would do that.

+1. Or a SD '59 in the neck, which is slightly lower output than that Jazz, if I remember correctly.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by forsaknazrael
^No such thing as a Seymour Duncan '57.

good call. it's a '59. shows how much i like seymours...
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
I replaced bridge pickup in my Studio with SD '59 and I love it... just right for me.
Quote by init24
bill lawrence check out his site
dimebag used his pickups

Nuno Bettencourt uses them too
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by init24
bill lawrence check out his site
dimebag used his pickups

dime didnt have the greatest tone...

although bill lawrence is still good.
i recetnly spent 300$ at muscians friend for my birthday, and they where doing that get like 10% back on certain money intervals... and they send you a coupon thing later...im waiting for that but id prefer to buy it on muscians friend...

but the SH-5 Custom seems pretty good i might have to look in on that

*EDIT*

What about a
SH-13 Dimebucker Pickup
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Last edited by ICANSEEYOU7687 at Jul 18, 2007,
Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the Bridge. and Seymour Duncan '59 in the neck. and forget metal.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
indeed i love the pearly gates. and i believe they're outstanding pickups.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
yea im not putting one of those in my bridge, lol

And i just opened the back of my guitar up to look at the electronics, and damn that stuff is cramped, but once I get the wire seperate that I need, i should just be able to cut it and solder it to the old wire which has already been connected to the tone and volume pot, haha

but the dimebucker really that bad? What about the SH-6 Distortion pup?
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
lol thats why it's... Pearly Gates.

did u check out GFS pickups? they're not so famous but they make quality pickups.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
any dimarzio's that anyone here likes?
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
^ im not a huge fan of their distortion and shred pups but their lower output pups are some sweet soundin things.
I'm thinking about buying that SD SH-2 Jazz/SH-4 pickup set for my strat, just based on the overall reviews and ratings I've seen from it on various sites. Seems like a great deal for 130. Anyone care to tell me otherwise, or am I making a good choice here?
Rig:
PRS SE semi hollow (blue)
mexican fat strat
Ovation MOB
LTD hybrid 300
Fender Blues Junior
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD 20 and DS1
any dimarzio's that anyone here likes?

Going by what you've posted the Norton's probably the best fit, maybe a Breed...however I'd be inclined to go along with the Custom/59 set.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If you want something that'll do classic crunch right up to shredding metal sounds the SH-5 Duncan Custom was a good suggestion by some one else earlier in this thread. Its just a good all round high output humbucker. Stay away from specific distortion p/ups because they won't give you the creamy tone you need for the AC/DC style stuff. The SH-11 is a little less harsh than the SH-5 for clean tones.
I've got an SH-14 in my Les Paul and that is awesome for any rock style and sounds fantastic clean. Its basically a high output '59.....but not tight enough for metal.

EDIT: If you don't like SD's...DiMarzio Tone Zone's are nice. Based on the original EVH developed humbuckers aparently. They sound great in my Ibanez anyway. Nice and rounded, warm but they cut through.
Current Gear....

Hughes & Kettner Tri-Amp Head
Bogner 2x12 Cab (open back)
Soldano SLO 100 Head
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG8470 J Custom
....Various Effects
Quote by TheforumTroll
I'm thinking about buying that SD SH-2 Jazz/SH-4 pickup set for my strat, just based on the overall reviews and ratings I've seen from it on various sites. Seems like a great deal for 130. Anyone care to tell me otherwise, or am I making a good choice here?

Thread jacking aside...Yes, there are better combos. It just depends on what tones you're looking for.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Thread jacking aside...Yes, there are better combos. It just depends on what tones you're looking for.

haha i dont mind :P

but i think I am interested in the SH-5, should blow my 490's outa the water, haha.

But I just took my amp in, its been having some abornal buzzing issues, so thats probably gonna set me back 100-150$, we'll hafta see how much pocket change i got after that
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
what kind of sound do the pearly gates have?
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Duncan Distortion in the Bridge
Jazz in the Neck.

Don't let the 'Distortion' bit fool you, it works great for AC/DC and hard rock style stuff, but can also work to play any metal you could think of. Quite versitile..

And the Jazz in the neck - it's clean, it's clear, I enjoy it.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^Something PAF-voiced would be better for AC/DC, though..

Normally I would agree whole heartedly.. a 59/59 set is about the most ACDC sound you can get in an SG, they just may get loose when he cranks it up for the heavier styles.