I've been looking for a new amp or bass recently to save for for a while and i recently stumbled across the Line 6 bass PODxt and i would like to know what people think of these.

im thinking of getting one of these instead of the ampeg i was looking at because i have an amp that goes much louder and the POD is $250 less.

however, i have found a tone i love on my behringer 12" aluminum cone amp for jazz, and i dont want to have to get rid of it to get a good sound for rock/worship music applications (a la switchfoot, relient k, chris tomlin).
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.
okay, here's my take on it.
i have a pod xt live. my friend has the bass pod xt live.

mine has 32 banks of 4 channels each.
his has 16 banks of 4 channels each. (half the channels)

mine you can buy expansion packs, including, for $100, a pack that covers all the bass sounds, effects, and amps found on the bass pod xt live.
his... you can't buy any expansions.

mine has stereo outs.
his doesn't.

but his is a sparklier gray, while mine's a solid black.
(laughs)

if you can swing it, get the pod xt live, hook it up to your computer, and buy the bass expansion. you'll not only have stereo effects (like delay, chorus, and reverb), but you can run a guitar through it as well. and you get double the banks.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
well if you only have $250 dollers to spend i would not try to look for an amp for that much.

if youre amp is loud enough and has a decent enough sound then gettign a preamp is a good idea. are you looking for FX? or just something to give you some extra tone options. or bolth?

if you are not really interested in FX the nlook at the sansamp bass driver DI you can use it as a preamp. a DI box. a footswichable "2nd tone" or as an overdrive pedel. it has great sound and all the pros use them even thogh they have a several thousand doller bass rig because that pedal gives them that "extra something"

if you want FX more than the Pod XT live is a good choice they dont have the most or best FX but they make it up in amp modelling. so if thats what youre into that is a good choice.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by DougC84
okay, here's my take on it.
i have a pod xt live. my friend has the bass pod xt live.

mine has 32 banks of 4 channels each.
his has 16 banks of 4 channels each. (half the channels)

mine you can buy expansion packs, including, for $100, a pack that covers all the bass sounds, effects, and amps found on the bass pod xt live.
his... you can't buy any expansions.

mine has stereo outs.
his doesn't.

but his is a sparklier gray, while mine's a solid black.
(laughs)

if you can swing it, get the pod xt live, hook it up to your computer, and buy the bass expansion. you'll not only have stereo effects (like delay, chorus, and reverb), but you can run a guitar through it as well. and you get double the banks.

Interesting stuff, never knew there was such a big difference. Though buying the pod xt live and buying the bass expansion doesn't seem to be quite the same thing. The impression I got off of the line 6 site is that it doesn't include any bass effects, just amps and cabs (though a lot of the effects seem to be the same, there are a few differences). I'm not sure if this is included in the pod xt live or not, but there's a whole tab missing on the normal pod site that's included in the bass pods about live/studio options. http://line6.com/basspodxtlive/stage_studio.html

Also, apparently the bass pods have two more bands for eq (mine has 6 I believe), if that matters to anyone, though it seems that normal pods can run delay and reverb independently, which the bass pod can't do.

Seems rather odd that they are almost killing one of their own products by putting that expansion pack. It sounds like in the future they *may* add expansion packs for bass, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

I guess if you did have the money, then it does sound like going with a normal pod with the bass upgrade would be worth it. If you don't have the money and don't play guitar, I'm sure the bass pod would be fine. It plays excellent for me, I just find that I don't use the effects as much as I would like for the styles that I play.
the bass pod xt does have effects. just not as many as the pod xt.

the eq settings are definitely something to consider. those extra eq points might help with the lower register of the bass. however, i think the xt live has 4, and the frequency is changeable on each.

also emergancy exit: the xt has amp models and is designed to work as a preamp. any decent gig that has a p.a. system, you'd just plug in direct to there. no need for sissy amps anymore! :P

it's really up to you on what you'd like to do, you're taking double the price basically. but if you're happy with the bass xt, more power to you. everything line 6 makes is quality imo, so you'll love it no matter what.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables