Hello, I am looking to get a guitar tone similair to the tone that Boston had. Not looking to purchase anything though (rockman amp). I have a large Peavy Renown with 2 -12 inch speakers, a Boss Me-50, Epiphone Les Paul Ultra, and a Line 6 Spider II 30 watt. Thanks.
hahah this is funny ive been looking for a boston tone and asking for 2 months and i just said ill find one and i cant remember but i had it head on. something like a bass-3.5 mid-5.5 treb./hi-7 reverb 6 or so depending on what reverb you have access to,
I say throw on some chorus/reverb onto that lead tone.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Well you'll need a chorus echo combo. Boston's gear is fullrange. Without a little investment, you're not going to sound like them. oh, and use lots of mids!
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
Last edited by jackson001 at Jul 18, 2007,
Quote by jackson001
Well you'll need a chorus echo combo. Boston's gear is fullrange. Without a little investment, you're not going to sound like them. oh, and use lots of mids!

Yes! Lots of mids, mids are your friends. And definately going to need some reverb and chorus.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
sigh, their guitars still have a weird tone :<
I totally love their tone. Its so freakin awesome. Does anyone have any idea wut gear they used? I dont know anymore since the took down the site...
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Look at my sig. Thats pretty much it. They alo use fullrange cabs. Tom used power amps and got effects through the rockmodules.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
the tone in Don't Look Back is kinda funny. its like... wah. but its not. lol. Mids Mids Mids.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard