i got a Fender 15R amp, piece of crap!!!! any1 advise a Budget amp with a good distortion pedal that was give some clean sound not alot of feedback
Hm...what kind of sound are you going after?

Btw, clean distortion doesn't really make sense (it's an oxymoron), and it would probably be better to just get a new amp. What's your price range?
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Blues Jr. plus an MXR Micro Amp or a BBE Boosta Grande.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Any Vox Valvetronix amp will suit you great. No need for a pedal with it, but the footswitch is handy..
i'm trying to get distortion like Iron Maiden's sound.. cause when i use the distortion part of my amp..there is static in the background when iam not even touchign the guitar. Also when picking alot of notes,everything comes out as if iam slapping the strings.
Lol i have the same prob as you.
Im probably geting the vox valvetronix soon
I have a problem when i play like an open d chord with a bit of distortion it sounds al ****y and undefined like a shhhhhhhscscc noise.
Quote by MetalUpUrAnus
Lol i have the same prob as you.
Im probably geting the vox valvetronix soon
I have a problem when i play like an open d chord with a bit of distortion it sounds al ****y and undefined like a shhhhhhhscscc noise.

yup their we go!!!!!!!!!!! on the spot lol...sometimes i just wanna throw that AMP+guitar out and dance on it with fire
Hmmm, you're going to have problems with extraneous noise whenever you go high gain. A noise gate will help with hiss, and technique will help deaden other unwanted sounds. A cheap multiFX pedal like the $50 Korg AX3G is perfect for a beginner who wants to get high gain sounds (including a noise gate) with out investing in better amps and lots of dollars.

IMO, the Korg AX3G is the best $50 you could put into a first pedal.

BTW, pretty much all open chords sound like s**t with distortion. That's why you have powerchords.

Here's a sample of the Korg AX3G on the "Shred" preset playing a few Bush style powerchords....

http://music.panelmagic.com/powerchord.mp3
Last edited by fly135 at Jul 18, 2007,